• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Cubing for 10 months but only average 35 help

ryan337dogo

jeez i did not realize how many people responded to this thread ill adress hopefully all of these questions and with a bit of an update
lmao most of these are just debating wether i should learn algs for f2l or intuitive
ok for the people that are sugessting to cut down on regrips and unessary moves sounds like a good suggestion ik that that is a big problem and will try and work on it
How exactly are you practising? Do you do 20 minutes a day, or a couple hours in a big session on Saturday?

If it's the former, I would suggest switching to the latter and trying to be faster with every solve (rather than just mindlessly solving)
i try now to do 100 solves a day that seems to have already greatly improved my times from avging 35 secs to 28 secs in just 2 days
as for the people suggesting look ahead im not sure im actually going to do that because look ahead is a very difficult consept but my pauses have decreased significantly just with practice

MohamadAA

i only average 35 but ive been cubing for 10 months not that that matters really but i would like to get faster
i use cfop cross in around 5 seconds rest of f2l in about 15 seconds oll 5 seconds and pll abt 10 i use full pll but i dont think i need to
i only practice about 20 minutes a day at most but i defenitly have more time so i would like to know how many solves you do a day or how many you did a day when you averaged around my time.
When I read the title I thought you stopped practicing cause I have been cubing for 5 months and veeeeery close to sub 15. I do 150 solves a day and a lot of untimed solves(not nesseserly lookahead). I think look ahead at your level isn't important it's a distraction as jperm said. Your pll is very slow as it should be about 15 percent of your solve which means about 4.5 seconds not 10 seconds. You should work on your cross but I used to avarage 22 second with 3.5 seconds cross so I think it's not a biggie.
Your f2l should be 60 percent of your solve so your are fine with f2l.

chocool6

I notice that you rotate during LL, instead of doing U moves to turn the top layer to the right orientation. It's much faster to do moves than rotations.

Considering your F2L is 15 seconds, I think that you should be able to get to around 25 seconds or so if you practice on your cross a little and reduce rotations and improve recognition and fingertricks on your LL.