• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing cults/clubs/groups/gangs/associations

NevEr_QeyX

Why would we need that for a stupid competition that no one even cares about? Tbh Qiyi isn't my favorite brand, but it's the company I have the most puzzles from. Imo you're taking it way to seriously
You're banned from my Good Christian Minecraft Server. And wdym QiYi isn't your favorite brand? There's always other options if your interested...
I think that YOU take this too seriously, you're always throwin' out naughty language like it's a rap song and I'm kind of sick of it TBH
Just because YOU think something is stupid doesn't mean other people won't want to do it.

I am almost done so if you aren't going to want the server, please tell me now.
Just do it, the general consensus seems to be positive. You can give me the invite too

Last edited:

brododragon

You're banned from my Good Christian Minecraft Server. And wdym QiYi isn't your favorite brand? There's always other options if your interested...
I think that YOU take this too seriously, you're always throwin' out naughty language like it's a rap song and I'm kind of sick of it TBH

Just do it, the general consensus seems to be positive. You can give me the invite too
You can count on NevEr_QeyX to make fun of ProStar's naughty language.

NevEr_QeyX

Does anyone else see the user MGCISBEST on the home page under new users? I was soo interested I clicked on their profile but it said it was unavailable, I feel personally attacked.

Ayce

It isn't completely ready yet, going to need some staff set up so if you want to help me then just tell me. I need rules and a short passage of what this is about.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Just because YOU think something is stupid doesn't mean other people won't want to do it.

Please step outside into the real world for a few minutes then tell me I'm using bad language

Does anyone else see the user MGCISBEST on the home page under new users? I was soo interested I clicked on their profile but it said it was unavailable, I feel personally attacked.

It was Finn's alt account.

NevEr_QeyX

Please step outside into the real world for a few minutes then tell me I'm using bad language
All I'm saying is that your use of language is not fitting with the demographic of this site. I (and I'm sure other people) would really appreciate it if you didn't resort to arguing like a 6 year old and instead used rational and polite words to describe any ideas you have. This isn't the first time you've been mean for no good reason except that you were angry. So yes you're using objectively 'bad' language.

Thank you that is all

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am at odds here. I'm often the advocate for the vision of "let the forums be the forums. Let the people have their space. Let the community evolve into what the community wants." But lately the cult threads are a bit obnoxious and seem to be dominating the posted content on the site. I also understand that many of you seem to enjoy this so i cant say its WRONG in any way. However as a member of the site i do find these threads to be my least enjoyable content yet i've had to filter through alot of it the last few weeks. Just to stir the pot

Actually we can ban you from official clubs (ones that compete in the Cult Comps)
ooooooooooo beware

The fact that people have nothing to do on the forums besides create cults is kinda sad.
Kinda is, quality of forum content is less than intriguing lately.

you're always throwin' out naughty language like it's a rap song and I'm kind of sick of it TBH
Hahaha 99.9% of everything including content by @ProStar on this site doesn't even push the envelope of a PG rating movie.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
All I'm saying is that your use of language is not fitting with the demographic of this site.

Assuming the majority of people on here are 10+, I'm good. I haven't done anything that would push me up to anything you wouldn't hear during a PG movie(analogy credit to EngineeringBrian, copyright 2020)

I (and I'm sure other people) would really appreciate it if you didn't resort to arguing like a 6 year old and instead used rational and polite words to describe any ideas you have.

I'd imagine most people in the recent arguments haven't taken several debate classes as I have. Also, just because my speech isn't impeccably diplomatic doesn't mean I'm using bad language. Being blunt doesn't make me irrational, just a bad diplomat.

This isn't the first time you've been mean for no good reason except that you were angry.

I haven't come close to angry at anything on this site other than perhaps the coronavirus discussions(I don't want to get into it right now though). Anything perceived as anger is either my bluntness showing or you misunderstanding. Also, please point out where I've been "mean"

Edit: I was browsing the forum rules(was wondering if someone else was breaking the rules), and in the profanity section it says there is a profanity sensor, so since I'm not partially censoring anything out and haven't triggered the sensor, I'm clearly not using inappropriate language

Last edited:

brododragon

Assuming the majority of people on here are 10+, I'm good. I haven't done anything that would push me up to anything you wouldn't hear during a PG movie(analogy credit to EngineeringBrian, copyright 2020)
You said the analogy wrong, and you can portray very terrible people with PG in mind. Not saying you are one, but that your argument is totally missing the point.
Edit: I was browsing the forum rules(was wondering if someone else was breaking the rules), and in the profanity section it says there is a profanity sensor, so since I'm not partially censoring anything out and haven't triggered the sensor, I'm clearly not using inappropriate language
There's a difference between "mean/toxic" and "inappropriate",
I haven't come close to angry at anything on this site other than perhaps the coronavirus discussions(I don't want to get into it right now though). Anything perceived as anger is either my bluntness showing or you misunderstanding. Also, please point out where I've been "mean"
Whenever someone's a little dumb, you call them stupid and various other cheap insults. You know you do it, don't ask for proof.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
You said the analogy wrong, and you can portray very terrible people with PG in mind. Not saying you are one, but that your argument is totally missing the point.

That's true

There's a difference between "mean/toxic" and "inappropriate",

There's a difference between blunt and mean/toxic

Whenever someone's a little dumb, you call them stupid and various other cheap insults. You know you do it, don't ask for proof.

I almost never directly call someone stupid(or something similar). I've done it with mukerflap, but that was for good reason. I think I may have done it with maticuber, and I admit that was probably uncalled for. But other than those examples, I typically give reasons/an argument, not just directly insulting someone

brododragon

I almost never directly call someone stupid(or something similar). I've done it with mukerflap, but that was for good reason. I think I may have done it with maticuber, and I admit that was probably uncalled for. But other than those examples, I typically give reasons/an argument, not just directly insulting someone
I'll give you that, you don't usually just directly insult someone, but an insult is an insult.
There's a difference between blunt and mean/toxic
Further proving my point. You've made the chain from inappropriate to what you're doing even longer.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I'll give you that, you don't usually just directly insult someone, but an insult is an insult.

I point out someone is wrong(with reasons why), although I agree it could probably be done in a less blunt way

Further proving my point. You've made the chain from inappropriate to what you're doing even longer.

What exactly is your point?