• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing Craft Ideas(or completions)

carcass

WCA
2018HANC03
Hi! I have had this project that I have been working on, and here is the idea:
Materials: 2 paint colors, a way to apply the paint, 6 cubicle cube stands, a piece of wood 18 inches long and at least 6 inches high, hot glue, Optional: dremel
first, put grooves in the wood with the dremel as straight as possible. When it is done, it should be a 2 x 6 grid, and each rectangle should be 3 inches wide.
second, paint the board in a checkerboard pattern and also write the name of each event checkered, eg, first column, write 2x2 on top, second column, write 3x3 on bottom, etc...
third, glue the cube stands wherever there isn't writing, and make it as neat as possible.
I think this would make a great cube display but I have only finished the first step, but I will show a picture when it is done. What you guys think? Also, you can use this thread for any cubing ideas, like on reddit, I saw a lube holder

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I haven't really done any mods yet, apart from disassembling two bell pyras (one black and one stickerless) and making a good black, blue, green, red magnetic pyra. I am thinking of making a similar thing to yours in a few weeks as I have spare time when school is back on