• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubicle Mystery Puzzles

Are you happy with what you got?

• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Meh

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Kaiju_cube

I got a Cubicle order last week and another coming this (upcoming) week.

last weeks mystery puzzles were:

Qiyi gear cylinder. (pretty interesting and it got me to order a gear cube.)

an Axis Cube. Interesting but not my cup-of-tea.

a really lame 3x3, solid colors with carbon fiberish circle stickers on each cubie. It feels... it's not a nice cube, it feels cheap.

a MoYo Weilong GTS3 LM that's nice, but I already have a few GTS3 so I gave it to one of my boys who's been cubing a lot since I showed him how to solve a 3x3. He has a Gan 356 that he uses now so this is a nice addition to his collection.

I gave all four puzzles to the kids.

--

Today I ordered the Meilong 11x11 and 12x12 so that qualified for a few more mystery puzzles, so I'll see what comes next week. So far though none of them have been something I'd want. If I didn't already have a couple GTS3 however that would've been a nice mystery puzzle to get.

Kaiju_cube

did the axis cube come in the $3 one or the $5 one?

it was the $3 one. But it felt nicer and more expensive than the $5 carbon fiber 3x3, I really didn't like how that one felt.

IUzGOdC.jpg

The Gear-Cylinder it turns out was added to the order by accident, that was supposed to be a Shengshou 4x4 Mr. M (black with stickers).

I ordered the 11x11 and that added two more mystery puzzles ($3 and $5), and they're including the missing Mr. M 4x4 from the previous order.

Then for some reason I decided to order the 12x12 as well plus some Cubicle brand stands and lube, and that got me another $3 and $5 mystery puzzle, plus another $25. puzzle.

So I have five more Mystery Puzzles coming. Hopefully at least one of them is something I'll want to keep or I'll just give them to the kids again. (the GTS3 is a fantastic cube but I already have the regular one in the gold/black box)

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
it was the $3 one. But it felt nicer and more expensive than the $5 carbon fiber 3x3, I really didn't like how that one felt.

IUzGOdC.jpg

The Gear-Cylinder it turns out was added to the order by accident, that was supposed to be a Shengshou 4x4 Mr. M (black with stickers).

I ordered the 11x11 and that added two more mystery puzzles ($3 and $5), and they're including the missing Mr. M 4x4 from the previous order.

Then for some reason I decided to order the 12x12 as well plus some Cubicle brand stands and lube, and that got me another $3 and $5 mystery puzzle, plus another $25. puzzle.

So I have five more Mystery Puzzles coming. Hopefully at least one of them is something I'll want to keep or I'll just give them to the kids again. (the GTS3 is a fantastic cube but I already have the regular one in the gold/black box)
oh you got the YJ one

BTW be careful with the Qiyi MS 5x5. after 6 months of light use I took mine apart to find slightly shredded stocks! It make this weird scratchy feeling

DNF_Cuber

IUzGOdC.jpg

by the way, how is the tank series? I would like to get an 11x11, but I don't really trust shengshou.

Kaiju_cube

by the way, how is the tank series? I would like to get an 11x11, but I don't really trust shengshou.

It's good, tighter than I'd like. But i have a few other Shengshou cubes and megaminx and they're all really good.

The moyu mielong 8x8 imo is better. I picked them all up from 3x3 to the 12x12 and they've all been good.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Let's add a poll to this thread. Something as simple as was it worth it? Yes/No. Are you satisfied with the mystery puzzles? Yes/No. Food for thought...
I didn't order any this time around but the stuff other people got didn't really seem worth it. Even though I have a decent number of puzzles, I really wouldn't want to buy indiscriminately.

Scollier

Dream inside of a Dream inside of a Dream
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, I've been following this thread for a while and I really want to get some. However, I have a ton of school this time of year, so more puzzles right now would just be distracting. So in the summer, I really hope to buy some. Also, since I only have a few puzzles in my collection, I'd be really happy for any puzzle I got.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
From the posts I've seen, it hasn't really been worth it this time around. From including bundle packs of budget puzzles in the expensive categories to just an overall mediocre selection, I'm glad I've skipped them this time.

That said, I did get one good cube from the mystery puzzles this time - friend of mine got a black 356X as their mystery and traded it to me :)

Kaiju_cube

Im pretty satisfied with the axis cube, but others have revieced better in the $3 category!

I got some mystery puzzles today, some cool, some 'meh'.

In the $3 category I got a MFJS magnetic Pyraminx, which is surprisingly good. The magnets are strong but I'm liking it. It's a lot like the MS Magnetic pyraminx from Qiyi, just strong magnets.

the $5 was a Qiyi barrel cube

https://www.thecubicle.com/products/qiyi-3x3-cylinder

the $25 was an Xman 6x6 stickerless non-magnetic. It's pretty good, I have a bunch of 6x6 already but what's one more? I think the magnetic MGC is nicer, so is the magnetic Moyu. If I'd paid $34. for this I'd probably feel a bit ripped off. It feels almost exactly the same as my YuXin little magic non-magnetic 6x6 which is only like $15. The Xman pyraminx I bought left me with the same impression. Not bad but not really worth the price. Xman megaminx is really nice though.

another $5 was a Qiyi 2x2 jelly style, pink and light blue colors

and last $3 was a Z-Cube 3x3 keychain. It felt kind of cheap and dollar store'ish, but was translucent which was sort of cool. I have the Gan and Qiyi keychains and I wouldn't put in the same class as them. Unlike the Rubiks keychain though it was at least easy to move the pieces.

I have one more shipment in the mail with Mystery Puzzles, another $3 and $5

The stuff was free with my orders so I'm not complaining. And some of it will get used and added to the collection. Others will float around the house and the kids will play with them. Some stuff like the Qiyi barrel I'd have never bought but now that it's here I'm having fun messing with it.

If I had paid for Mystery Puzzles I might be disappointed in some of them. But as incentive to order from The Cubicle I'd say they worked well because I ended up placing like 5 orders or something nuts like that over the past couple weeks.

Last edited:

Kaiju_cube

Another $3 and $5 today.

$5 was a Qiyi sail 3x3. It's an over sized 3x3. The cubies are (guessing) like one inch across. It's bigger than a regular 3x3 but not crazy large. It's interesting and i put it on the shelf.

$3 was a .... 1x2x4? It's like a floppy cube but instead of 9 pieces there's 4. So ... yeah, whatever, gave that one to the kids.

Overall the $25 mystery puzzles i got were pretty decent. The $5 and $3 were a bit "meh".

Still as freebies that came with the orders it was a cool gimmick. Nice marketing move because it made me place a few orders.

Kaiju_cube

yeah the ($25) Weilong GTS3 LM and the Xman 6x6 were the best of the bunch.

the 3x3 Qiyi Barrel is pretty interesting, it's on my desk. I never would've bought it but it's a neat puzzle. Had me confused for a few minutes because it shape shifts but then I realized you just solve it like a normal 3x3. you just ignore the weird shapes and it sorts itself out while solving.

Last edited: