• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubicle Mystery Puzzles

Are you happy with what you got?

• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Meh

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

DNF_Cuber

just opened my package

I got a Qiyi Axis cube as the $3 mystery cube.

Not bad. I was interested in it, and it is worth $5
Yeah, that's the kind of thing I would expect
got a $25 mystery puzzle...... I ended up with a Z carbon fiber cube set :(
:(
They are probably just clearing inventory there. That is really lame, but you kind of accepted this might happen by buying the cubes. (Also They're not so bad if you peel off the stickers.
I unboxed my 10 dollar mystery cube
Valk Power
Nice one, but I am sure they would kill to get those off shelf (I like the valk power, but they are pretty unpopular and a bit old.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Even if they buy the products themselves?
Yes. There is an obvious opportunity for non-random picking of puzzles because the staff recognizes the name AND incentive to do that, knowing it will generate good publicity in a video.

There's also the no-win situation the Cubicle is in regardless of what the sponsored person gets. What if you, cyoubx, got the UV-coated Gan 11? How would that look? "See, they hold the good stuff for the people they sponsor!" What if you got a garbage puzzle like a Z carbon fiber set? "Aw, they just did that to make it LOOK random!"

cyoubx

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes. There is an obvious opportunity for non-random picking of puzzles because the staff recognizes the name AND incentive to do that, knowing it will generate good publicity in a video.

There's also the no-win situation the Cubicle is in regardless of what the sponsored person gets. What if you, cyoubx, got the UV-coated Gan 11? How would that look? "See, they hold the good stuff for the people they sponsor!" What if you got a garbage puzzle like a Z carbon fiber set? "Aw, they just did that to make it LOOK random!"

Interesting, so what should someone in my position do in that situation?

EDIT: Also, have you considered the possibility that someone working in the warehouse is actually packing the cubes and not someone I work with directly?

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Interesting, so what should someone in my position do in that situation?
I think the Cubicle should take it out of your hands and ban you from buying them.

EDIT: Also, have you considered the possibility that someone working in the warehouse is actually packing the cubes and not someone I work with directly?
Do you really think absolutely none of the warehouse staff know absolutely none of the cubers that the Cubicle sponsors?

cyoubx

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think the Cubicle should take it out of your hands and ban you from buying them.

Do you really think absolutely none of the warehouse staff know absolutely none of the cubers that the Cubicle sponsors?

Cool! I understand where you're coming from and I think it's a reasonable stance. However, this response makes it excessively clear that you don't fully understand the position I'm in, which is not your fault. I've obviously never explained it, so there's no reason why you would know. But that gives me something to think about. Thanks!