• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubic 7x7x7 MassProducts soon...

wcaroman

Premium Member
WCA
2009OSTA01
WCA rules doesn't correct some: 7x7 cube doesn't exist yet.
Sorry, Michal, but when 7x7 cube will be released, I think need to renew records for 7x7 cube.
It is sounds roughly, but it is true.

aaronb

Sorry, Michal, but when 7x7 cube will be released, I think need to renew records for 7x7 cube.

But cubic cubes would give an advantage. And if somebody beats the current WR, it doesn't really matter, does it? (Beating the current WR seems likely as I've seen a lot of fast 7x7ing lately.

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel

From the WCA regulations:
9i3) If the regulations for an event are changed, then the old regional records stand until they are broken under the new regulations.

Therefore Michal's WR's would stand until someone broke them.

coldplay

YouTube
Visit Channel
No more awkward pillowed garbage!

Well, the 7x7x7 certainly doesn't deserve to be pillowed, because it is solvable in a cubic form, but to declare all pillowed cubes garbage? I think that the 11x11x11 is actually better pillowed than not because it allows your hands to wrap around the cube better, especially with such a large cube as is the 11x11x11.

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
But even if this cube is released, and is good, would the regulations really be changed so that everyone with a V-7 has to buy a new one? I know it's been mentioned, but would it atually happen?
Seems a bit OTT to me, mainly because it isnt going to be cheap.

Goosly

WCA
2010VERE01
When a cubic 7x7 is released, the regulations should not be changed to 'only cubic 7x7's are allowed', and therefor there is no reason to reset records on 7x7 done with a pillowed one.

asportking

YouTube
Visit Channel
When a cubic 7x7 is released, the regulations should not be changed to 'only cubic 7x7's are allowed', and therefor there is no reason to reset records on 7x7 done with a pillowed one.

It was already mentioned that the old records will not be changed. Also, the regulations will only be changed once the cubic 7x7s have been around for a while and are fairly popular; they won't change the regulations as soon as the cubic 7x7s are released.

ss is not a forum, it is the brand name. mf8 is a forum, but there is also a mf8 brand.

EDIT: i thought ss was shengshou, duh

Last edited:

aronpm

Are you sure? Based on Alexa, it is far less popular than SS; and if I remember correctly, in a CubeCast episode, someone said there was a Chinese forum more popular than SS.

Yes, I am 100% sure. Alexa is certainly not a very accurate ranking. Do you even know how it gathers its statistics?

Let me throw some comparisons:
Speedsolving users online: There are currently 175 users online. 32 members and 143 guests. Most users ever online was 911, 12-01-2011 at 09:50 AM.
MF8 users online: online Member - 241 people online - 48 members (2 invisible), 193 visitors - the highest on record 1022 in 2010-10-1.

Speedsolving members: 15,443 (unknown # of posters)
MF8 members: 152,394 (44786 posters, 107688 non-posters)

Speedsolving threads: 31,144
MF8 threads: 76,172

Speedsolving posts: 683,871
MF8 posts: 1,486,651

Highest Speedsolving post count: 6,191 by Mike Hughey (Mike overtook Arnaud :eek:)
Highest MF8 post count: 34,210 by kevin_xiao (although he is far ahead of #2, 19,572 posts by 魔鱼儿)

Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Highest Speedsolving post count: 6,191 by Mike Hughey (Mike overtook Arnaud :eek:)
Yes, it happened just a few days ago. I noticed that on that day, Arnaud made a bunch of posts; I think he was trying to keep me from catching him. We went back and forth for a few hours, and then unfortunately I shot right past him. :)

Highest MF8 post count: 34,210 by kevin_xiao (although he is far ahead of #2, 19,572 posts by 魔鱼儿)
See, I'm not so bad.... :)

Honestly, I'm encouraged that the numbers aren't even more skewed than this. I figured they might have us beaten by an order of magnitude. I guess they do for members, but it looks like they don't on any of the other statistics. So at least we're somewhat competitive.

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was going to say that the post quality here is generally higher but then I realised where I was posting.

Also, what happened on 01/12/11 for ss to be so popular?

chris410

The site says March for black and white, and they mentioned something about the price not being set. I hope they will have them in stock in March so the orders will not take a month to fill like they did with the 6x6.