• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubesmith Tiles

DcF1337

I've tried textured and they make my palms feel sweaty. Although I haven't exactly tried smooth tiles, I assume they're more comfortable to use. I've heard many people say they prefer smooth over textured too.

pcharles93

WCA
2008HUYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Smooth also have some texture to them. They're not like glass. You should read smooth as "not as textured." And to the OP, you'll get a split right down the middle if you make a poll. This topic already has a lot of threads about it. Even on the cubesmith website, they say tile textures are personal preference. Which means that one is not necessarily better than the other.

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
which tiles are better, textured tiles or smooth tiles?

Tiles suck.
Would you mind explaining why?

Tiles and stickers have their advantages and disadvantages.

Smooth tiles: I don;t know about these.

Textured tiles: I use these,and they feel really nice, the only problem is, you have to put them on perfectly otherwise they chip. They also make your hands sweat a bit.

Stickers: Very wide range of colours, and the cubesmith ones last a very long time, however, they seem slippery (not that much)

ThePizzaGuy92

WCA
2007SEID01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Tiles and stickers have their advantages and disadvantages.

Smooth tiles: Acceptable for people who dont want to resticker cubes often, but they feel a but slippery if your hands sweat. I've never had one chip, but i'm sure they do.

Textured tiles: I use these,and they feel really nice, the only problem is, you have to put them on perfectly otherwise they chip. They also make your hands sweat a bit.

Stickers: Very wide range of colours, and the cubesmith ones last a very long time, however, they seem slippery (not that much)

i editted your "smooth tiles" section

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
You seem to be lost. This doesn't belong anywhere near the Off Topic forums.

It's really a matter of personal preference. I know people who go either way. Get a set of each and see which you like better.