• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CubeDesk Pro Worth It?

Is CubeDesk pro worth it

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuberswoop

WCA
2022FROU01
I just wanted to know your thoughts on the pro version of cubedesk? Is it worth it is it a rip-off?
https://www.cubedesk.io/account/pro
It is a complete rip-off unless you want to support cubedesk and get a few extra features. Kash is really slacking when it comes to fixing bugs and he is just kind of adding useless things.

kashnote

It is a complete rip-off unless you want to support cubedesk and get a few extra features. Kash is really slacking when it comes to fixing bugs and he is just kind of adding useless things.
Hey, I'm the creator of CubeDesk. I see comments like these about projects run by solo developers and I think it's worth providing my own perspective.

I have a full-time job and responsibilities that come before CubeDesk, but I still try to work on the site any chance I get. Even with a few dozen people paying for Pro, I still pay out of pocket for site maintenance expenses. I've poured hundreds of hours into CubeDesk and try my best to prioritize and address issues that people bring up, but for various reasons, things might take time. For example I was in a pretty serious car accident about a month ago and wasn't able to work on CubeDesk for a while. I don't think it's fair to say "kash is really slacking" when things like that can happen, especially when the project is run by a solo developer.

---

As for whether or not CubeDesk Pro is worth it: Right now, its main purpose is to support development (which is the top item on the features list). But I'm going to be adding more and more Pro-exclusive features soon. If there's something specific that you'd like to see in Pro, let me know! I can add it to my list of things to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.