• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube Timers For Mac's... ????

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,
I have a Mac computer and I have searched around but cant seem to find any cubetimers for macs (not online ones like cubetimer.com)

So Basically what I'm asking is:

Does anyone know of any cube timers (to download) that work on macs (free software)?

Also if you do where to get it from?

hr.mohr

WCA
2007CHRI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Learn some basic computer skills :p

As for getting JNetCube and CCT to work on mac there are lots of threads on this here and they all boils down to: "Use OSX 10.5 and keep it updated with the latest java"

Only thing a bit uncertain is if it is possible to get CCT to run on a PPC mac.

tim

WCA
2007HABE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
YouTube
Visit Channel

hr.mohr

WCA
2007CHRI02
YouTube
Visit Channel

hr.mohr

WCA
2007CHRI02
YouTube
Visit Channel

I have basic computer skills, just not those related to java etc.

Well you asked about how to unzip a file. That is in my book basic computer stuff, hey even updating java is basic computer stuff.

Its not that I cant unzip it, it wont let me it has the error message which I posted above ^^^^

If you get that error then usually there is something wrong with the file. It could be a broken download or something like that. Sorry for sounding rude, it's just that we get a lot of questions from people that don't even try first. Good luck.

YouTube
Visit Channel

I have basic computer skills, just not those related to java etc.

Well you asked about how to unzip a file. That is in my book basic computer stuff, hey even updating java is basic computer stuff.

Its not that I cant unzip it, it wont let me it has the error message which I posted above ^^^^

If you get that error then usually there is something wrong with the file. It could be a broken download or something like that. Sorry for sounding rude, it's just that we get a lot of questions from people that don't even try first. Good luck.
Its ok, I have been trying, I wouldnt of asked if i hadnt tried :)

rahulkadukar

WCA
2009KADU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dude seriously just unzip the file and double click on the .jar file.

I use Windows and on Windows you need to first install JRE but then on Mac I think you dont even need to do that. I have been using Jnet for sometime and it is brilliant

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It actually took me a while to get CCT to work on my Mac.

The thing that worked for me was going to "Java Preferences" (Spotlight it) and dragging "Java SE 6" to the top of the application versions.