• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube solving machine 4x4x4

xdpcz

With the inspiration from David Gilday, Zach Grady and Joe Ridgeway (at Rowan University), I made this cube solving machine. It can solve 4x4x4 cube in less than one minute, althrough is much slower than David's Quad-Cub3r.
It is made of 3 stepper motors and A4988 Drivers, Arduino Uno R3, CNC shield V3, Acrylic and Aluminum profile as frame, my old Lumia 640 as camera, and some other accessories. All of them cost less than 150 RMB. It runs under the control of PC software writen under C#. Special thanks to Chen Shuang for his TPR-4x4x4-Solver algorithm on Github.
I ever made ver1.0 machine for Rubik's cube solving which is full control under Lumia 640 phone via Bluetooth. It's ability is about 35 seconds. The video can be found at Youku.com.
I think it will a little faster after I tune the stepper motor. Now they do not run at full speed.
Next I will try to make it solving 5x5x5 cube.
Here is the vedio:
If the video is not shown correctly, here is alternative on youku.com:(Please wait patiently for the ad to end)
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzQwNDMwNTI1Mg==.html?spm=a2h0k.8191407.0.0&from=s1.8-1-1.2

Last edited:

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
With the inspiration from David Gilday, Zach Grady and Joe Ridgeway (at Rowan University), I made this cube solving machine. It can solve 4x4x4 cube in less than one minute, althrough is much slower than David's Quad-Cub3r.
It is made of 3 stepper motors and A4988 Drivers, Arduino Uno R3, CNC shield V3, Acrylic and Aluminum profile as frame, my old Lumia 640 as camera, and some other accessories. All of them cost less than 150 RMB. It runs under the control of PC software writen under C#. Special thanks to Chen Shuang for his TPR-4x4x4-Solver algorithm on Github.
I ever made ver1.0 machine for Rubik's cube solving which is full control under Lumia 640 phone via Bluetooth. It's ability is about 35 seconds. The video can be found at Youku.com.
I think it will a little faster after I tune the stepper motor. Now they do not run at full speed.
Next I will try to make it solving 5x5x5 cube.
Here is the vedio:
If the video is not shown correctly, here is alternative on youku.com:(Please wait patiently for the ad to end)
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzQwNDMwNTI1Mg==.html?spm=a2h0k.8191407.0.0&from=s1.8-1-1.2
That is very cool. I look forward to any future cubes from you, especially the 5x5. Keep up the work, and thank you for sharing it.