• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Coracle - Corner Lookahead Trainer

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
During F2L lookahead I often find myself looking at partially hidden corners (with two stickers visible) and hesitating to figure out what they are. Its something I've been trying to improve on, but its difficult to do on a physical cube ... so I decided to make an app for it.

http://cube.crider.co.uk/coracle.html

My PB so far: 28.64 (with NOU option set).

Athefre

I've been wanting something like this for a long time but didn't have the programming knowledge to make it. Thanks.

EDIT: When I have it set to "NOU", sometimes it still gives U corners.

Last edited:

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
I've been wanting something like this for a long time but didn't have the programming knowledge to make it. Thanks.

EDIT: When I have it set to "NOU", sometimes it still gives U corners.

Yup, when you set nou, it doesn't show any cases with U stickers visible, but you may still get corners belonging to the U-layer. I chose to do it like this because it keeps it like F2L lookahead. If you see a corner with no U or D sticker, you need to be able to establish whether or not the corner does in fact belong to the D-layer. These cases are the ones which often throw me off :eek:

Athefre

Great idea, because if I saw for example Blue and Red, I immediately knew what corner it was. Adding some U corners in there forces me to reconsider.

Sir E Brum

WCA
2010HANN01
70b4tk.jpg

My cube orientation was Yellow on top and Blue in front.
Neither of the cubies shown are possible solutions for the third color.
The actual solution of the unknown sticker is Red.

2nqxvkz.png

This time it is the exactly same case and I chose the right piece and it still says it should be YBR.

Last edited:

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
First try 24.47
Wow, pretty good .. I'd expect you could probably sub-10 it with a bit of practice. :)
Are you using the keyboard controls ... and did you have any problems with image loading lag?

wow, harder than I thought.
Yup, deffow is for me too :D

My cube orientation was Yellow on top and Blue in front.
Neither of the cubies shown are possible solutions for the third color.
The actual solution of the unknown sticker is Red.
Aah, thanks for pointing that out ... I had a hunch something was wrong a few times, but I thought it was must my n00b-ness. Turned out there was an error in a single digit of one of the case tables ... should be fixed now ;)

InfernoTowel

I'm still tryign to get better at F2L...can someone explain to me how to tell what colors a partially hidden corner is?

InfernoTowel

I know my color scheme fine, but the problem arises when I see, for example, a corner with green and red. How can I tell if the third color is white or yellow?