• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Contructing Algorithms (not a how to, sorry)

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
and this - [Rw U2 Rw',R' U' R U]
This reminds me of something.
The 3-flip? lol, I was posting about it just recently in the FMC tread (in this subforum). Cmowla replied to there so he already did it :p
Kenneth, did you see my new "2-gen" 3-flipper and 5-flipper in the "A Collection of Algorithms" thread a few days ago?
Rw U2 Rw U2 Rw' U R U Rw U2 Rw' U' R' U' Rw R U R U Rw U2 Rw' U' R' U' Rw' U2 Rw' U2 Rw' (36 qtm, 30f)

Rw U2 Rw U' R U Rw U2 Rw' U' R' U' Rw U R U Rw U2 Rw' U' R' U' Rw' U R U Rw U2 Rw' U' R' U' Rw U R U Rw U2 Rw' U' R' U' R' U2 Rw' U2 Rw' (54 qtm, 47f)

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know. I probably can't do better than cube explorer:

r F2 U2 r' B2 l B2 r D2 l' E2 B2 l' y2 (13)

, which is equal to what we can already do using "LU'F (PLL parity) F'UL'", assuming that we use a PLL parity algorithm like r2 F2 U2 r2 U2 F2 r2, so that it can be applied to all size cubes. If not, for the 4x4x4, 12 may be the minimum.
Sorry for the bump, but we were discussing the fewest moves for the case above, and I just found an interesting algorithm.

It's very horrible for speed, but it is 12 btm. It's actually pure too, and thus it can be applied to all big cube sizes, not just the 4x4x4. Hence the upper bound in btm for big cube sizes has just been lowered one btm. It appears to be optimal in quarter turns too. (E.G. L U' F r2 U2 r2 Uw2 r2 u2 F' U L' (18q, 12 btm) ).

F2 l E' F2 E l' r' E' F2 E r F2 (16q, 12 btm)
= [F2 r' E': [E r l E', F2]]