• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Conan Mo 5BLD mean 22:13

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
5bld.PNG

Conan Mo, got a 5BLD mean of 3 on his first official 5BLD attempts. He is the second person in Oceania to get a 5BLD mean.
Its only his 3rd WCA competition.

Congrats to him for being super careful during the attempt, and un-nemesizing thousands of cubers in just 3 solves!

Competition: Please be Quiet Brisbane 2021, Australia

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes thats how rare and hard 5BLD means are. I have nearly missed getting 5BLD means twice in a competition.
The closest seems to be this guy, who had a 2/3 back in 2013. (No other Australian has had 2 5BLD successes in the same round besides these two people.)
so, this means that 5BLD is not for the faint of heart right?

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
so, this means that 5BLD is not for the faint of heart right?
yes it is not for the faint of heart. In fact today I did my 3 solves of 5BLD for speedsolving weekly, and inspired by conan, I tried to go for a mean, first two solves were super safe 7 minutes success. I was on course to do a mean, on the third solve when I missed RKSC letter quad execution in my 3rd solve wings RIP. Even with carefulness at home, I am not able to pull off a 5BLD mean, sadge.