• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

College acceptances (Class of '14)

E

Ethan Rosen

Congrats Fanwuq!
I got accepted to Bard and deferred from Cornell (but theres almost no chance I'm getting in.)
I'm just going to be applying to Emory and Carnegie Mellon.

But yea, once again, congrats on MIT! You must've worked so hard for this, I'm happy for you that you get to see this payoff.

Musturd

WCA
2009KASE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congrats Fanwuq!
I got accepted to Bard and deferred from Cornell (but theres almost no chance I'm getting in.)
I'm just going to be applying to Emory and Carnegie Mellon.

But yea, once again, congrats on MIT! You must've worked so hard for this, I'm happy for you that you get to see this payoff.

One of my good friends is a Freshman at Bard.
And I'd be happy to see you end up at Carnegie Mellon with me :)

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice job, fanwuq! I didn't get into MIT when I applied (although a ca(l)t(ech) is fine too). The MIT cube club is really getting up to speed, so I'm sure you'll have plenty of competitions in the area to help out with and go to :)

malevolant

If anyone is going to Syracuse...I can show you my collection. Not a great speed cuber, but I can solve all the puzzles i have :)

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, this just makes me feel worse for living in a stupid country with dump universities. If I had the motivation of getting into a university like MIT I might've done something in high school >.<

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congrats to everyone here who made it into their colleges.
@Musturd: You must keep their cube competitions alive. Ilkyoo said Spring would be the last one.

WHAT?!
I'll try and make it to that competition (I'm pretty far away though), and I'll see if I can work something out with the delegate(s) there and Ilkyoo.
I don't want the CMU competitions to go away! :eek:

The problem is that Ilkyoo is graduating next year. Also, there is no official cube club at CMU. Ilkyoo teaches a student course on how to solve the cube, and incorporated a competition as their final. I'm also in Pittsburgh, and would love to host a competition, but the problem arises that I don't have the help Ilkyoo has (friend aren't really keen on spending a whole day helping out a cubing comp). Although I'm only in Pittsburgh for one more year, with some support, I'm sure we can figure out a way to host some competitions. I know Sam Boyles is looking at Duquesne for next year as well, and Jason Baum may be coming back to Pittsburgh after he graduates, so Pittsburgh may be rising up at an epicenter for cubing.

ShadenSmith

WCA
2008SMIT01
@Musturd: You must keep their cube competitions alive. Ilkyoo said Spring would be the last one.

WHAT?!
I'll try and make it to that competition (I'm pretty far away though), and I'll see if I can work something out with the delegate(s) there and Ilkyoo.

The problem is that Ilkyoo is graduating next year. Also, there is no official cube club at CMU. Ilkyoo teaches a student course on how to solve the cube, and incorporated a competition as their final. I'm also in Pittsburgh, and would love to host a competition, but the problem arises that I don't have the help Ilkyoo has (friend aren't really keen on spending a whole day helping out a cubing comp). Although I'm only in Pittsburgh for one more year, with some support, I'm sure we can figure out a way to host some competitions. I know Sam Boyles is looking at Duquesne for next year as well, and Jason Baum may be coming back to Pittsburgh after he graduates, so Pittsburgh may be rising up at an epicenter for cubing.

KOIIP? Ale8 Open 2010?

ShadenSmith

WCA
2008SMIT01

WHAT?!

This.

Musturd

WCA
2009KASE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I wish I could have taken that class that Ilkyoo taught.
Anyway, I might be able to stir up cubing interest in the class of 2014. Then start a cube club. Then get clearance for a competition. I'm sure CMU would be okay with hosting the competitions as they have for a few years already now. We'll figure all this out.
Like I said before, I'll try to make it to the Spring competition and the locals (including you) and I can discuss there to try to get something to work.
I thought Jason lived in Pittsburgh all year... I guess he goes away for school.