• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Choked unconscious in Jiu Jitsu Competition - Video

emrecay

WCA
2012CAYE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok so I competed in a Jiu Jitsu competition a few months back and in my third fight I got put to sleep. This was the third time I had been choked unconscious overall, but the first in an actual comp. I had yet to ever be submitted in a competition so I didnt want to tap out.

Heres the video, enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

emrecay

WCA
2012CAYE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why does everybody keep rambling on like they actually know what it feels like to get chocked out. The choke comes on very slowly and i didnt even feel a thing. I know it looks kind of bad from another persons point of view but the feeling is kind of cool. I know it sounds weird. I cant explain how it feels but you start dreaming for few seconds and when you wake up you feel just fine.

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
There is no shame in tapping out :)

In my Shotokan karate class our sensei includes quite a lot of chokes and joint locks bars in the "Bunkai" parts of the lessons.
It is amazing how quick you get ligh-headed in a propor choke hold.

I definitely prefer getting choked out over getting a KO blow to the head :)