• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Chinese DIY comparison

Regisiew

chinese DIY's?

for type A's and D's if i got them from cube4you are they the same as any other site? or is there a "cube4you type a" and a "rubik's type a( if they made them) would they be the same? are the chinese DIY's from them? or do they all buy them from somewhere else? all im really wondering if there are different types of type a's. hope you understand. thanks!

TomZ

There's only one type A, not considering all the variations that for some reason labeled A as well. Rubik's does not sell a type A, but cube4you, 9spuzzles, etc... all do.

Regisiew

okay, im planning on getting a chinese DIY. i think ill get one from cube4you because ive heard much about it. i havent a clue about cubing since i started 2 days ago. if you could tell me the differences between all the chinese DIY's including the pro's and con's that would be extremely helpful. i would like to know why one may be better than another, and why it may be worse. you could also mention which one you personally like the most and why. thanks a bunch your always so helpful!:D

Odin

WCA
2009RODR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
okay and last thing and i swear no more posts, sry im like really new to this how am i supposed to know you dont lubricate the outside gosh. but should i try to lubricate the core? or the pieces? and also the thing is everyone is saying different things. some say pop out one edge, som say take it completely apart, some say pop out every edge, some say pop out the edge and the 2 corners next to it, which one is the best?

TomZ

Chinese DIY's are all knockoffs. Knockoffs that are almost always better than the original.

That's a very bad rule of thumb. It is not always true (almost never true that is) that knockoffs beat the original. Dollar store cubes anyone?

Odin

WCA
2009RODR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
what's the differences between type a's, b's, c's, d's, e's, and f's?

Well, Type A's have the letter A in their name, Type B's have their letter B in their name, Type C's have the letter C in the name, Type D's have the letter D in their name, Type F's have the letter F in their name, and last but not least type F's have a F in their name.:rolleyes:

pcharles93

WCA
2008HUYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wait wait wait... Why do you need to know this stuff? Are you asking these annoying questions just to up your post count? If you really needed to know the difference between all of those cubes, buy them all. Plus, you only started cubing a few days ago, what difference does it make to you?

WCA
2008HERR01