• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Chess and cubing

Jason Chang

Hey guys, so I wanted to make a cubing club at my school and my teacher suggested me to combine with the current chess club. So now I have to make a new name for the club. Any ideas how I should call it?

Jason Chang

I would recommend you just refuse and ask to create a seperate cubing club. I don't see how they would mix well in a club setting.
Yeah that’s what I wanted at first but I was told creating a new club has a really long procedure. Also I think they mix together just fine because there’s actually people cubing in the current chess club. I just wanted to make it something you can actually do in the club.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah I think the sound of cubing would be really distracting for someone playing chess
Yeah I agree, there are not a lot of chess players, who know about the world of speedsolving, let alone do speedcubing themselves. Chess takes a lot of brainpower, and there is no time left for cubing.

I am amateur in both cubing and chess so I can handle both of the hobbies.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, so I wanted to make a cubing club at my school and my teacher suggested me to combine with the current chess club. So now I have to make a new name for the club. Any ideas how I should call it?
If your club is still active, I would suggest the name cubingchess for your club. Its a cool name and the name describes what its exactly about.