• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

chaos in the internet

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
whatsapp, facebook and instagram are out

I don't know how it is there but here where I live we rely on whatsapp and a lot of companies use facebook for trades everyday so it turned into a mess.
I couldn't contact my colleague today because we use whatsapp. Then I sent him an SMS and we connected via zoom
How are things there and what you think about the situation?

Last edited:

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, from the little bit that I’ve read about it, somebody shut it down for a few hours because they thought people should stop using it. Instagram and WhatsApp were down as well.
That's not what happened, it was a problem with their routers communicating with each other. Companies can't just shut down just because they think people need to get off of them because in a lot of cases it's the only way certain people are able to communicate with each other. I know plenty of people whose only contact info I have is Facebook or Instagram, so if I needed to message any of them during that time I'd be screwed, and Facebook is well aware of that. They wouldn't take their services down on purpose.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
That's not what happened, it was a problem with their routers communicating with each other. Companies can't just shut down just because they think people need to get off of them because in a lot of cases it's the only way certain people are able to communicate with each other. I know plenty of people whose only contact info I have is Facebook or Instagram, so if I needed to message any of them during that time I'd be screwed, and Facebook is well aware of that. They wouldn't take their services down on purpose.
I didn’t mean that it was Facebook shut themselves down on purpose, I thought it was somebody outside of the company (hacker etc.). Obviously, what I heard was wrong, though.