• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Change 3x3 method to ZZ?

i eat air

I recently just learnt the basics of ZZ. And I find it quite efficient in moves which I find great for me as I am someone who relies on low move count instead of TPS.

I find it difficult to do F and B moves in home grip. for F or F' moves, I use my thumb to push it up of down if I am in home grip, and I don't even know how to do a B move from home grip.
However, I am more familiar with CFOP and now that I am planning to be sub 10 by the end of the year.

So? Do you think I should risk it and main the ZZ method?

please reply with reasons why as i need to think

Burrito

WCA
2022SOPK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently just learnt the basics of ZZ. And I find it quite efficient in moves which I find great for me as I am someone who relies on low move count instead of TPS.

I find it difficult to do F and B moves in home grip. for F or F' moves, I use my thumb to push it up of down if I am in home grip, and I don't even know how to do a B move from home grip.
However, I am more familiar with CFOP and now that I am planning to be sub 10 by the end of the year.

So? Do you think I should risk it and main the ZZ method?

please reply with reasons why as i need to think
YES DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!
-- i just got a sub 10 single with zz (check my yt its on my profile)

-- easier f2l and multislotting so you can be like tymon and be speedy

-- can use lots of LL methods (check out the SS wiki page on it)

i eat air

i have decided to do it when it is easy because I am not good at orienting the edges
thank you for your replies, they were very useful

WCA
2015FOXC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i have decided to do it when it is easy because I am not good at orienting the edges
thank you for your replies, they were very useful
If you do ever plan on switching, there's not gonna be some day when you wake up and orienting edges is suddenly easy. It definitely is a barrier to entry, but imo it's best to just rip off the band-aid if you think you'll eventually switch.