• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CFOP OLL/PLL Solvers: When did you start using 4LLL, OLL, PLL?

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When did you start learning/ using 4LLL, then full PLL, then full OLL? I'm just wondering when most people start. So please post down below when you started using each using this template:

Current Average:
4LLL:
Full PLL:
Full OLL:

And keep in mind, if you haven't learned one of them yet, just say so. And if you are currently learning one of them, say what time you were at when you started.

Example for me:

Current Average: 28 sec
4LLL: 35
Full PLL: Currently Learning
Full OLL: n/a

Ralinda4

Current average: 17.25ish
4LLL: Probably about 40-35 seconds, it was a while ago
Full PLL: Maybe 30-25ish? It was a while ago too.
Full OLL: Currently at 28/57 learned, when I started I was about 20 seconds average.

notfeliks

Current average: 18-19
4LLL: I'm not even sure. I kind of just used the Dan Brown last layer as I learned some PLL and OLL. It wasn't very methodical.
PLL: Around 22-25.
OLL: Haven't finished.

TinaIsAwesome

WCA
2012BLAC02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Current Average: 16 sec
4LLL: Started at around 30 sec
Full PLL: Started around 30 sec, I figured why not learn them all?
Full OLL: Started around 20 sec, I still have 6 left that I just never bothered to learn.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Current Average: 17 sec
4LLL: Started at around 30 sec
Full PLL: Started around 23 sec, Still dont know G perms and N perms
Full OLL: N/A. Hopefully will do it in future :p

Phillip1847

WCA
2014KRAV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Current average: 18-19 seconds
4LLL: maybe 45-50
Full PLL: 37 seconds. I thought it was 27, then I looked at my posts in the accomplishment thread. lol
I started using OLL like maybe 30, the ridiculously easy cases. I learned over time all but 1, which I still don't know.
Its the awkward without headlights that isnt M U (sexysledge) M'.
I guess I don't know full OLL, but I've known a majority of it since maybe 25 or so.

Last edited:

Ralinda4

4LLL: maybe 45-50
Full PLL: 37 seconds. I thought it was 27, then I looked at my posts in the accomplishment thread. lol
I started using OLL like maybe 30, the ridiculously easy cases. I learned over time all but 1, which I still don't know.
Its the awkward without headlights that isnt M U (sexysledge) M'.
I guess I don't know full OLL, but I've known a majority of it since maybe 25 or so.

When I learned that case I used (R U R' U') (R U' R) (F' U' F) (R U R'), and I remembered it since RUR'U' takes out the f2l pair, RU'R breaks it and puts the corner with white (or whatever cross colour) facing upwards in UBL, F'U'F rotates the corner so white is now facing the right and RUR' just reinserts it. That might not be the quickest algorithm for it, but I found it quite easy to remember. Maybe this'll be helpful for you, maybe it won't. Either way, good luck with that single OLL case/cubing in general.