• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[CFOP] A tool to practice cross to transition to F2L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune

Premium Member
WCA
2003WESS01
1. Could you give me two 8-movers?
2. I had changed "level" to "column".
3. I start with red on top and it isn´t too simple to determine if my scramble concises with the given one.

net13

1. Sure, I'll just grab two from the page (cross on top):

D R2 D R2 D2 F2 D' R2 F2 D B2 L R' U' F2 D' F D' B' R'
D2 B L2 F U2 L2 F2 B' D2 L2 F' U R' D F R D L' R D

I haven't verified these are actually 8 move crosses, but you're the first person who has claimed to be able to solve them in 7 moves or less, as long as we count slice moves as two moves. :)

2. Ah, alright, yeah, someone else asked for that too and it's pretty easy. I'll think about it. :)

3. I understand, I'll see what I can do. :)

Rune

Premium Member
WCA
2003WESS01
You could have helped me by showing the end result. I´ve scrambled three cubes with different outcomes. I´m looking for a fourth.

Edit:
I´ve found two cubes that have the same scramble. Solution: L D B´ L R2 U2 B´

Last edited by a moderator:

Cvaughn55

WCA
2018VAUG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I noticed that this website was down, so I made a modified version of the original since the user who made it hasn't been active. I removed the orientation and table columns since i didnt think many people working on their cross to F2L transition need help with sign notation. You can access it here https://cvaughn55.github.io/C2F2L/ and if net13 wants me to remove this i gladly will.

Last edited:

LightFlame_

The Andromeda Galaxy (Over The Garden Wall)
WCA
2016OCAE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
[CFOP] A tool to practice cross and transition to F2L

How to use:

1. Go here: http://net13.net/Cube/Cross/[1]
  2. Scramble your cube as indicated.
  3. Plan out your cross. It shouldn't be too hard, as it's only one move. :)
  4. Find an F2L pair.
  5. Execute your cross while tracking your F2L pair.
So what did you just do? You planned out the entire cross in your head, then you solved it while tracking an F2L pair, allowing you to immediately get started on F2L. That pretty much makes you a pro! :)

"Well, the cross only required one move…"
Ah, feeling confident, are we? In that case, go ahead and try level 2, where each cross requires two moves. :)

Notes:

• If you're finding a level hard, you need to go back down one level. 15 seconds of inspection time should always be enough. Some things in life require you to really push yourself to succeed. This is not one of them. The cross is all about practice and repetition and every cross should be easy, because:
  • When you get your first, say, level 6 cross, you should be thinking: "I haven't seen a cross like this before, but if I did R2, it would be one of those level 5 crosses I'm an expert in." That is the trick for every level. You just have to find a move that will turn your cross into a cross a level lower, because you're already very good at that level or you shouldn't have moved up to this level. :)
  • Each level contains 1,000 random state scrambles.
  • "Scramble table columns" is just how wide you want the table to be. I've set it to 4 as default, as that gives the best use of screen space on my phone and my tablet. You can change it to whatever you like or set it to 0 if you're fine with just getting the scramble string. :)
this is, to say the least, genius. im surprised i hadn't found it before.

Cvaughn55

WCA
2018VAUG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I made some updates to my version of the site here.
  1. Made color scheme more friendly on the eyes
  2. Made the site properly scale on mobile devices.
  3. If you Install Google Chrome Dev on Android you can install the site as an android app to use in fullscreen mode and offline.
0o7pkf3.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy. Also this is just hosted on github, so it shouldnt randomly go down like OG one did from net13

Cubetastic5

YouTube
Visit Channel
  3. If you Install Google Chrome Dev on Android you can install the site as an android app to use in fullscreen mode and offline.
0o7pkf3.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy. Also this is just hosted on github, so it shouldnt randomly go down like OG one did from net13
I actually liked the dark theme better... could you at least make an optional dark theme? Dark themes are really good! And why only on android? If you're using a service worker, it should work on all devices, right? And on android it should work on firefox as well, and also on safari in iOS. Are you sure it's only for android?

Update: Just tried it, it works on Linux.
2018-07-20.png

Last edited:

Cvaughn55

WCA
2018VAUG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I actually liked the dark theme better... could you at least make an optional dark theme? Dark themes are really good! And why only on android? If you're using a service worker, it should work on all devices, right? And on android it should work on firefox as well, and also on safari in iOS. Are you sure it's only for android?

Update: Just tried it, it works on Linux.
2018-07-20.png
It should work on all devices, but with chrome dev on android it actually installs it as an apk when adding to homescreen instead of other browsers where it makes a fullscreen shortcut. Also I won't be at my pc today, but when I get home tonight I can add a dark theme .

Cvaughn55

WCA
2018VAUG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
@Cubetastic5 I updated the site to now have the Default light theme with the red, and a Dark theme which is all grey. Also added 3 Color themes that work on both light and dark. To use them just click on the double colored square for light/dark swap then any of the colors to choose a color. I also am going to try and implement a thing to remember the last selected theme soon.

Last edited:

Pecinajunior

I can't open it, it tells me that the server wasn't find, is that problem of my PC/ethernet connection or the web? I'm using Firefox for Ubuntu

aybuck37

WCA
2015BUCK03
0o7pkf3.jpg

wow my favorite website got an update!

teh yoshi

Man, where has this been all my (few months of my cubing) life? Thanks so much for this! I'm really motivated to get practicing more now.

Cvaughn55

WCA
2018VAUG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
@Cvaughn55 can you make the site an app for ios? im going on a trip and itd be great if i could practice on the place, where there is no wifi
@LightFlame_ I just borrowed a friends IOS device, and when you go into safari you can add the site to home screen and with my short testing time I was able to load the homescreen shortcut while in airplane mode, so it should work offline. Just has some scaling issues on IOS so you have to scroll up and down to get it to see everything

Status
Not open for further replies.