• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CCT Version 0.9.1

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys!
The new CCT looks great!

From what I've heard, cct was supposed to be able to chat, aswell, and I've heard that it was made in java.

edit:I'm an idiot

I will edit the code and see what's going on

Last edited:

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
The timeout in connecting to IRC is probably because the server is waiting to hear a reply to an "ident" request. I had timeouts until I configured my firewall to send ident packets to my computer and installed oidentd.

However, even though I got rid of the timeouts, I didn't successfully get it to connect to a server and join a channel.

Another problem I've found is when choosing "Import Scrambles" from the File menu I get a traceback and no dialog. I'll send that to the developers, though.

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel

jfly

WCA
2005FLEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This version is awesome! :D But I'm having the same problem as jtjogobonito; I can't connect to IRC. :|

What are you guys using for an irc server? irc.ircstorm.net has been working fine for me.
brunson, I would imagine that you're correct about the lack of an ident server causing timeouts. I've enabled such a feature in the cct gui so less technical users will be able to connect to irc servers without having to run their own ident server.
brunson, what's the problem with connecting to an irc server once you enabled the ident server?

jfly

WCA
2005FLEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yep. Only the scramble viewer is showing for me too. Previous version is fine. Running Vista.

Thanks for the screenshot. We're looking into this, although we don't know what's going on right now. Could someone with this bug run cct from the command line and let us know what gets printed, if anything?
To run from the command line, on windows, just go to start-run-type "cmd"-press enter. Then "cd" to whatever directory cct is in, and type "java -jar CALCubeTimer.jar" to run it. Any problems will get printed to the console.

Siraj A.

WCA
2007ALIS01
This version is awesome! :D But I'm having the same problem as jtjogobonito; I can't connect to IRC. :|

What are you guys using for an irc server? irc.ircstorm.net has been working fine for me.
brunson, I would imagine that you're correct about the lack of an ident server causing timeouts. I've enabled such a feature in the cct gui so less technical users will be able to connect to irc servers without having to run their own ident server.
brunson, what's the problem with connecting to an irc server once you enabled the ident server?

We were doing irc.ircstorm.net, but now it is working, for both of us. Weird, but we can connect!