• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CCT in Linux (Ubuntu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

solver

An easier method is to right click on the .jar and u should see 'Open with "Sun Java 6 Runtime" and click on it and it would run. Easy.

hyunchoi98

WCA
2012CHOI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi i'm on a mac (10.5.8) and can't get cct working either.
Here's a video explaining it.

If i should have made a new thread please tell me.

Last edited by a moderator:

lilkdub503

WCA
2010WARR01
OKAY. Thank you so much solver. YOU ARE A SAINT!
alg_saints_brees.jpg

That was seriously all I needed to do. I feel like a total idiot, considering I would have done the same thing on Windows.

lilkdub503

WCA
2010WARR01
New problem :fp

I upgraded to 10.04, but I got this message:
Ubuntu's crappy policy said:
The file '/home/kenny/Desktop/CCT/cct-0.9.5/CALCubeTimer.jar' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied form an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit.

Now what do I do? This is really pissing me off. I even tried the easy way, that didn't work. The hard way, didn't work. I even searched GOOGLE. I have Java 6, I can select it with a right click, still get this.

nlCuber22

WCA
2010CRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry for the bump in advance.

I recently switched to Ubuntu (version 9.04) and I installed CCT. It was working fine for a couple days now whenever I try to run it, it hangs at the splash screen and then it just goes away after ~20 seconds. When right-clicking on the .jar file it gives me the option to Open With "OpenJDK Java 6 Runtime" which was working before, but not now. I tried allowing it as an executable file, and I still get the same result even when just clicking on it. I tried downloading version 0.9.4 of CCT and the only thing that loads is the scramble view. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

hawkmp4

I was never able to get CCT running with the OpenJDK JRE (On Lucid). Installing Sun's JRE did the trick, though.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you know how to navigate through the terminal? Go to applications, terminal. I'm not sure if you'll need super user access to run the file, but you might need it to make sure you can make it executable (but you said you already did that).

You can navigate through the terminal using cd and ls. To list all directories (and files) type in ls, hit enter. To go into one of those directories, type cd "home" or whatever directory you want to go into. Typing cd .. will take you up one level. Once you find the appropriate directory (it'll usually be in the home directory), and you see the .jar file type:

java -jar CALCubeTimer.jar

In the case it does not work, it will have error messages. Paste those error messages here. You do have the absolute latest version of Java installed, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.