• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Carroll Spring Open 2014 [Southlake, Texas, USA] 3/29

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
NOTICE: The maximum limit of 60 competitors has been reached.

Remember that you registration, be in in advance on the website or the morning of at the venue, is required to compete and have official attempts. However, simply attending the event is both free and does not require registration. Feel free to come by!

The Carroll Spring Open 2014 will take place in Southlake, Texas on March 29, 2014.

Organizer: Alexander Hall
Delegate Shonathon Collins
WCA Page: https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=CarrollSpringOpen2014
Competition website: http://www.cubingusa.com/carrolspring2014/index.php

1501 W Southlake Blvd, Southlake, Texas
(For those who don't know, this area is a little north of Fort Worth. This is also to the northwest of Dallas.)

EVENTS:

2x2 - 2 rounds
3x3 - 3 rounds
3x3 OH - 2 rounds
4x4 - Combined Final
5x5 - Combined Final
Pyraminx - Combined Final

+ A Team Blind Side Event

Prizes are sponsored by TheCubicle.us
Go check out the website for even more details! And watch this announcement video from the delegate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwzcaZf-7VI

Last edited:

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you haven't registered yet, don't hesitate!
With only 50 spots being offered, there are currently only 7 left!

Within the first 24 hours of open registration, 34 people signed up (that doesn't include me). I didn't foresee of rush of that magnitude, but it's rather exciting to have that happen.

So basically, now's your chance!

D

Deleted member 19792

Ugh, I cannot go :( I am getting promoted in ROTC that week and I have to spend that weekend in San Antonio.

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not sure if this is the best place to post this (due to inactivity), but my speedstacks timer was apparently swapped for a rented timer, as I just discovered that the timer attached to my mat has the WSSA Loan sticker on its backside.

The only identifying mark for my timer (Gen 2) is an autograph from Shelley Chang on the underside of the timer. And I guess it's worth noting that the bottom part of the timer that clips underneath the mat is still mine...
I'm thinking that someone swapped my timer with a malfunctioning rented one, but I did not authorize this at all. :/
Also, my timer was actually malfunctioning in terms of the system being very sensitive and resetting the last time I used it.

Last edited:
WCA
2013SARE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not sure if this is the best place to post this (due to inactivity), but my speedstacks timer was apparently swapped for a rented timer, as I just discovered that the timer attached to my mat has the WSSA Loan sticker on its backside.

The only identifying mark for my timer (Gen 2) is an autograph from Shelley Chang on the underside of the timer. And I guess it's worth noting that the bottom part of the timer that clips underneath the mat is still mine...
I'm thinking that someone swapped my timer with a malfunctioning rented one, but I did not authorize this at all. :/
Also, my timer was actually malfunctioning in terms of the system being very sensitive and resetting the last time I used it.

You should email Alex,or Shon, they would know what to do.