• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Can everyone be sub 10?

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think so. Your times depend on the age you started, how hard you practice and your talents.

Fore example, some cubers can reach sub4 others won't ever reach those times.

There are many cubers that started later in life and plateau'd, reaching only sub30 or sub20.

If you start earlier and practice hard maybe you can reach sub 10 but there may be that you never reach sub10 in your life.

I started to solve when I was 20 years old and I can't break sub15. I don't practice anymore and don't see myself having the time to push my limits more than that, so that means that the probability I will break sub15 are pretty low.

That answers if anyone can be sub10.

---

Now: if you can be sub10: Practice hard and push your limits, that's the only way to know how far you can go

Last edited:
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I thank you for your advice but everyone's here to express their thought and opinions. Please don't stop someone from sharing their views, thoughts and opinions. No offense 🙏
@abunickabhi use to say that 5x5BLD is easy or that sub10 is easy, that may be true for him but that may discourage others, someone has to say that

CLL Smooth

WCA
2012LOET01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think so. Your times depend on the age you started, how hard you practice and your talents.

Fore example, some cubers can reach sub4 others won't ever reach those times.

There are many cubers that started later in life and plateau'd, reaching only sub30 or sub20.

If you start earlier and practice hard maybe you can reach sub 10 but there may be that you never reach sub10 in your life.

I started to solve when I was 20 years old and I can't break sub15. I don't practice anymore and don't see myself having the time to push my limits more than that, so that means the probability I will break sub15 are pretty low.

That answers if anyone can be sub10.

---

Now: if you can be sub10: Practice hard and push your limits, that's the only way to know how far you can go
I don't think age is as much of an issue as many people make it out to be. I started in my 30's and I'm sub-15 now at 43. The time you have, as you stated, is definitely a big factor though. I go through long times of minimal practice due to my other obligations in life, but lately it's all I do with the little free time I have, and I've seen big improvements. I think I can reach sub-10. It might take another 20 years but I think it's possible.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
of course anyone can be sub 10, just learn the neccesary techniques and grind

ok not really anyone (eg old people whos finger dexterity is bad) but anyone who doesn't have things like that CAN get sub 10.

max park has autism and is sub 6 so no do not bring autism up

Yeah, some portion of people do face physical limitations that prevent them from reaching sub-10, but I imagine most of those people could still reach it, just with far far more effort than most others.

Last edited:

quanloh

Trick question actually.
Can a immortal die of aging? One will only find out when immortal die of aging.
Can EVERYONE be sub 10? One will only find out when everyone be sub-10.

So no, I don't think everyone can be sub-10.
"Everyone" is a big word.