• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cambridge Open 2013

hcfong

WCA
2011FONG02
Sorry for repeating but i think my message may have got snowed under. I stupidly left my cubes at the venue. They're in a Speedstacks timer bag along with s timer with 'HCF' written on the bottom. I also may have written my full name on the bag itself. If you have it, please PM me to arrange for me to get them back. Thanks.

roller

WCA
2009MACK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry for repeating but i think my message may have got snowed under. I stupidly left my cubes at the venue. They're in a Speedstacks timer bag along with s timer with 'HCF' written on the bottom. I also may have written my full name on the bag itself. If you have it, please PM me to arrange for me to get them back. Thanks.

Dan/Joey took care of it, someone will get in touch with you soon I guess :)

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I went with a regular standard stickered zhanchi and came back with a super fast re-stickered re-lubed cube :) And a 7x7 from the God of roux himself :) Nice single btw, how's it feel, third best in the world?

Not quite as good the second time round perhaps
Am glad I did the 5 though, so now 3rd for avg and single. Now I need to find a way to be motivated to actually cube.

Also I was really surprised when I first met you.

Last edited:

roller

WCA
2009MACK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Fantastic competition, so many records broken! Big thanks to Joey for organising the whole thing, the venue was beautiful. Also thanks to Dan for dealing with me saying DNF every 15 mins and teaching me a fair bit about some rules :) was incredible to see (and judge) Alex's NR as well as watch Noah MULTI BLD and Ollie's (almost) NR, both inspired me to learn BLD haha
Also big thanks to every single one of you who I had pleasure of speaking to, I've learned a lot this weekend and I'm glad to see the UK speedcubing community being as friendly and inviting as always!
See you at Guildford Open!

scotzbhoy

WCA
2009COGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've got it, Pm me your address and I'll send them ASAP.
Thanks to everyone for making the comp so great, as usual, great to be back competing. I'll do DYKs etc. tomorrow, need some sleep for now.
I also have a carrier bag which was left containing two white panchis and a white shengshou 4x4, both in pieces. The 4x4 is modded, edge pieces are very rounded and it's missing one of the pieces which holds the edges in.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
This is why I love UK comps.
Leave anything behind and you can almost guarantee it will be safe and back to you ASAP.

DYK Tim loses everything!

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This was an amazing competition full of amazing people. I have learned that two day competitions are much more fun than single day ones. Thank you Dan and Joey for running the competition and having so many blind events, and thanks Billy for organizing the Robin Hood Pub going to. UK comps are awesome!

DYK...
...Ollie is really funny?
...Joey likes to distract Ollie?
...Joey is afraid of water... and things that swim in it?
...Alex wishes I could be at every UK comp because of my ninja filming skills?
...I'm the only person who has 5.96 on camera?
...I only got Alex's last three solves in the finals?
...One kid thought my American accent sounded cool?
...Everyone else thought it was stupid?
...Breandan is chill?
...Laurence = CubeRoots???
...Chris didn't figure out who I was right away?
...Chris is a meanie?
...There were a lot of NRs and a bunch of CRs?
...4BLD was intense?
...I was relaxed during 3BLD?
...I don't know what I'm supposed to do OH?
...Joey is a big teddy bear?
...English people and Americans can't tell when the other ones are being sarcastic?
...Maria is not the best teamBLD partner?
...Matt was the whole 5BLD podium?
...I like feet the event, not the body part?
...I like 5BLD the person, not the event?
...Roller just rolls with it?
...Coggers is my lucky judge?
...My parents are nice?
...UK cubers don't just do 3x3?
...I set more NRs and NARs when I'm relaxed?
...I brought my multi cubes in a donkey kong jenga box?
...It's pronounced multAE, not multEE?
...BLD playground is fun?
...BLD playground + kuti card is more fun?
...A nice woman at the Travelodge gave us cakes?
...I don't know how much a pound is worth?
...Joey had to type in the wifi password 10+ times for me?
...Joey is really nice?
...Joey is a term that refers to a baby kangaroo?
...Callum always wears the same shirt?
...Breandan and Laurence came to dinner?
...Breandan, Laurence and Joey went punting?
...Drunk punters jumped into our boat?
...This is a lot of DYKs lol?

EDIT: I know a lot of you are impatient for the video of the 5.96, but I think Alex deserves to upload it to his own channel, so I am going to send it to him soon.

Last edited:

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
trust people...

Like Teles-something, Pino, or Kuti?

Like five cheaters (you forgot Yuxuan Wang, and also the Chinese guy who cheated at FMC a couple of years ago) out of 20000+ people in the WCA database.

There will always be a small minority of jerks and *****s who think they are smarter than the whole community. Getting too paranoid about them will only ruin the fun of the comps.

Back on topic: it was of course an awesome competition. 'm too tired for a full DYK right now.

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Like five cheaters (you forgot Yuxuan Wang, and also the Chinese guy who cheated at FMC a couple of years ago) out of 20000+ people in the WCA database.

There will always be a small minority of jerks and *****s who think they are smarter than the whole community. Getting too paranoid about them will only ruin the fun of the comps.

Back on topic: it was of course an awesome competition. 'm too tired for a full DYK right now.

Yuxuan Wang magic guy cheated?

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
...Joey had to type in the wifi password 10+ times for me?

16/16 but can't remember a password? =P

DYK that edge was so close to Noah's hand at one point yet still DNF (that F stands for find). Props for looking for so long though.

Last edited:

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
DNK:
Seemingly solved 5x5s aren't always solved?

Knocked over 20secs off my 5x5 single?

I forget how to solve 3x3s?

Dan can pop and still get pb single?

Brendan can has awesome 5x5 after a bit more lube?

Billy couldn't have been closer to solving 4BLD?

Ollie gets frustrated with 3rd in the world without an NR?

I woke up at 6am after a day of paintballing and a fairly late night but 20hrs later I can't sleep?
Stupid exciting competition. Thanks for the memories.