• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

call for new Face Turning Octohedron built with more of a speedsolving aspect in mind

Poorcuber09

WCA
2019PETE13
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think there should be some sort of initiative to create a new FTO for speedsolving, seeing as it is one of the most popular non-WCA puzzles to speedsolve, but has some of the worst hardware, as well as being difficult to mod correctly. some of the ideas i have are
  • a lighter spider core design
  • some sort of wings on the innermost triangle pieces to prevent pops
  • maybe some sort of magnet system if possible to fit it in the puzzle

any ideas on how to start designing something like this?

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think there should be some sort of initiative to create a new FTO for speedsolving, seeing as it is one of the most popular non-WCA puzzles to speedsolve, but has some of the worst hardware, as well as being difficult to mod correctly. some of the ideas i have are
  • a lighter spider core design
  • some sort of wings on the innermost triangle pieces to prevent pops
  • maybe some sort of magnet system if possible to fit it in the puzzle

any ideas on how to start designing something like this?
C'mon, gan, what are you waiting for?

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've only seen it discussed on the FTO discord so I guess it's not that widely publicized outside of there