• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[NAR] Cale Schoon - 5BLD - 6:24.89

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congrats Cale! I did pretty great for myself on that scramble (13:47). The whole time I was thinking, man Cale is going to do well on this! I'm glad you pulled through.

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was going to reconstruct using the scrambles from here, but the first one doesn't match up with what I remember I had :/ The second scramble is what I had on my second attempt, but the first one isn't right (although it seems sort of close).

Your previous pb was 9:38.13, done 3 months ago.
...Well, that escalated quickly :p

That could have been sub-7 but I paused for over 2½ minutes trying to remember wing memo :(

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
I was going to reconstruct using the scrambles from here, but the first one doesn't match up with what I remember I had :/ The second scramble is what I had on my second attempt, but the first one isn't right (although it seems sort of close).

That could have been sub-7 but I paused for over 2½ minutes trying to remember wing memo :(

ugh, if this gets DNF'd it'll be sad

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wouldn't even think about that happening. Based on previous cases being overturned and all that, the "rule" seems to be that if you get a misscramble but the scramble was still a possible state, then it's fine.

Also 5BLD is such a non-lucky event that getting a misscramble doesn't give a huge advantage (like it could in events like 2x2 or skewb).