• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Official] Bill Wang - Two sub-8 averages if not for timer fails @ TOW + bonus

cuboy63

WCA
2010WANG68
Assuming the timer fail in the finals was 7.46, the average would've been 7.62 (counting 7.46, 7.70, 7.70) without both the timer reset and the +2.

Idk why my thumb always wants to hit the reset though lol

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
Assuming the timer fail in the finals was 7.46, the average would've been 7.62 (counting 7.46, 7.70, 7.70) without both the timer reset and the +2.

Idk why my thumb always wants to hit the reset though lol

I've been practicing with my stackmat at home and I realised that I press the reset immediately after I see the time, and I feel like I'm going to end up doing that at my next comp from force of habit and DNF the solve XD

Benyó

WCA
2008BARA01
i recommend a new title: Bill Wang - Two sub-8 official averages if not for Bill Wang fails
i thought it was gonna be an absolutely perfect evidence of how unreliable the new stacks are, but the only thing that happened was Bill trying to push the reset button at the end of every single solve.
but despite it didn't happen in this video, the new stacks do have huge problems. they sometimes restart or reset themselves and some kind of mod would be really helpful in order to avoid controversial situations.

pdilla

I'd love to know what mod people can come up with because my Pro Timer is officially in a box and is replaced by my old Gen 2 timer until this issue is fixed.

Also, his consistency on the first average is awesome.

EMI

WCA
2011RHEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i recommend a new title: Bill Wang - Two sub-8 official averages if not for Bill Wang fails
i thought it was gonna be an absolutely perfect evidence of how unreliable the new stacks are, but the only thing that happened was Bill trying to push the reset button at the end of every single solve.
but despite it didn't happen in this video, the new stacks do have huge problems. they sometimes restart or reset themselves and some kind of mod would be really helpful in order to avoid controversial situations.

Kit Clement once made a video about the new timers where he explains what few people know: These problems have been solved, there has been an update that wasn't announced. I have one of the "new new" timers, and it has not reset or anything in many thousand solves.
I hope at some point all the "old new ones" get sorted out at competitions.

OT - I didn't even watch the second and third videos because the first one was too sad already :(

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Kit Clement once made a video about the new timers where he explains what few people know: These problems have been solved, there has been an update that wasn't announced. I have one of the "new new" timers, and it has not reset or anything in many thousand solves.
I hope at some point all the "old new ones" get sorted out at competitions.

OT - I didn't even watch the second and third videos because the first one was too sad already :(

There's even been an update to that update, now there's a latch that holds the battery in place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PorIzqogvdc

pdilla

I have one of the "new new" timers, and it has not reset or anything in many thousand solves.

Is there a place that sells these "new new" timers? I ordered my Pro timer from thecubicle just a couple of months ago and received and "old new" timer.

(Pro v1, Pro v2?)

EMI

WCA
2011RHEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there a place that sells these "new new" timers? I ordered my Pro timer from thecubicle just a couple of months ago and received and "old new" timer.

(Pro v1, Pro v2?)

idk, I just sent an email to the German store I bought mine from, and they didn't even notice there were different versions. I'd say if you contact the seller saying that you want one of the updated ones, they'll check for that.