• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best Way To Apply Lubix?

dabest2500

I've read on this forum of someone applying Lubix the every edge or corner, which is why I enquired.

dabest2500

May ask for a link?

I have no idea where it is, this was before I joined the forum, when I was just reading here.

That would likely be too much and actually slow the cube down.

Thanks, so I will just apply as instructed in the video.
Also, question, when it says to apply to the six point on the cube, should I pull the centre piece slightly so the Lubix can go on the screw?

danthecuber

WCA
2011SELZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have no idea where it is, this was before I joined the forum, when I was just reading here.

Also, question, when it says to apply to the six point on the cube, should I pull the centre piece slightly so the Lubix can go on the screw?

Lubix Website said:
Pull the center cubie slightly away from the nylon core, and apply 1 dab (1/50th ml) to where the center cubie piece and the core meet. Repeat this step for all 6 points on the core
What that says

tertius

Yes, it works on leverage and friction. Applying there is the main it works so well.

dabest2500

Hi, is it possible to lube a 5x5 and a 4x4 with Lubix?
I assume it's the same process?
I saw a video on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtteyLvmv1E

But it's a V Cube and it looks like he's put in too much lube.
I have an Eastsheen 5x5, where am I supposed to apply the lube for this?

Last edited:

dabest2500

That question has already been answered.
As an update, I have lubed my Eastsheen with Lubix now.
I tried to loosen the tensions, but that just makes is so loose that half the cube fell apart.