• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best Megaminx

What do you think it the best Megaminx?

• MF8 Minx (Cube4you one)

Votes: 38 33.6%
  • Chinaminx ;-)

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • PVC Minx

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Mefferts Minx

Votes: 45 39.8%
  • Hungarian Supernova

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
The average WR are done using a Mefferts and the single record on a chinaminx. If you don't like the clicks on the chinaminx then Mefferts seems like the one to get.
And if you don't like a megaminx which sucks hard unless you mod it then the chinaminx is the one to get :p

Vulosity

YouTube
Visit Channel
PVC megaminxs are very smooth, but they pop occasionally. The pieces look identical to Mefferts, so it's probably a clone. I think you should try this megaminx.

hr.mohr

WCA
2007CHRI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The average WR are done using a Mefferts and the single record on a chinaminx. If you don't like the clicks on the chinaminx then Mefferts seems like the one to get.
And if you don't like a megaminx which sucks hard unless you mod it then the chinaminx is the one to get :p

That's true :)

You would have to spend a lot of time to get a Mefferts any good. But it's worth it.

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

It takes a lot less time to mod a Meffert's than it does to sufficiently break in a chinaminx though.

chikenlad

A well broken in chinaminx can be very good. you can mod it to reduce the loud click you hear every time you turn it but it will still lock into place (personally i like the fact that it locks in to place).

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
A well broken in chinaminx can be very good. you can mod it to reduce the loud click you hear every time you turn it but it will still lock into place (personally i like the fact that it locks in to place).

I hate my chinaminx. I am stunned that the single is by it.

EDIT:perhaps im mistaken, my minx was around 8 dollars, has thing tiles and hollow pieces. You cant fix the tension, and it clicks. When the tiles are removed, you can see the inside of the pieces. The core is a ball and its very very very horrible. >.< Does that sound like the chinaminx?

Last edited:

V-te

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well My Mf8 is probably the best one I'll ever have, and the only one. I have 2 weeks of heavy breaking in, A mod that I found on youtube and some lubing and I can tell you it is just how I dreamt a minx should be. =)

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel

I hate my chinaminx. I am stunned that the single is by it.

EDIT:perhaps im mistaken, my minx was around 8 dollars, has thing tiles and hollow pieces. You cant fix the tension, and it clicks. When the tiles are removed, you can see the inside of the pieces. The core is a ball and its very very very horrible. >.< Does that sound like the chinaminx?

It sounds similar, except that mine was just 5 dollars instead of 8 dollars (prior to shipping), and it's not very very very horrible. In fact, it's pretty good. It was very very very horrible the day I got it, but that changed quickly after using it. Just using it will break it in and make it nice, but if you want to get there quicker, sand down all the bumps on the corner pieces about halfway. (Not all the way so it won't click at all - just halfway.) Then it will break in really quickly.

The thing I hate most about it now is that the tiles still occasionally come off during a solve. That's why I'd prefer stickers to tiles.