• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3 Best Flagship 3x3 Puzzles. Rankings

EvanTheCuber

Hi Guys, I am Wondering what Flagship 3x3 Is the best. Do not include Price in this. Say all the cubes are free. This is my rankings.

1. GAN 356 XS

2. Moyu Weilong GTS3M

3. Dayan Tengyun M (Looking forward to V2)

4. Cosmic Yuxin Little Magic M

5. MGC Elite

Post your rankings below:D

C

Cubinwitdapizza

People have already done threads like this a ton.

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
probably a dumb question but, can I use old GES nuts in one of the newer GAN cubes? I like their turning style but I wanted to use one of the older tighter GES nuts because the tightest ones they make now are still too loose for me.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
probably a dumb question but, can I use old GES nuts in one of the newer GAN cubes? I like their turning style but I wanted to use one of the older tighter GES nuts because the tightest ones they make now are still too loose for me.
I think it depends on what cubes you are talking about. I think you can use GES nuts from, say, the Gan Air on the Gan X ipg v5.

MarkA64

The X uses the nuts from previous cubes (IPG v5 and numerical IPG)
The XS and X V2 use a unique tensioning system
And the 356 M uses GES+ nuts which weren't used in older cubes.

My suggestion would be to get the XS if you're looking for a tighter puzzle. It can get really tight with setting 1/2 on hex nuts and 5th click on GES.

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
The X uses the nuts from previous cubes (IPG v5 and numerical IPG)
The XS and X V2 use a unique tensioning system
And the 356 M uses GES+ nuts which weren't used in older cubes.

My suggestion would be to get the XS if you're looking for a tighter puzzle. It can get really tight with setting 1/2 on hex nuts and 5th click on GES.
how about with the Gan 354 M V2 or the X V2? Could I purchase one of these along with the older and tighter GES nuts and it would work? I want a cube that is pretty slow and loose but with tight springs so it's still stable for my slightly rough turning style especially in competition.

MarkA64

how about with the Gan 354 M V2 or the X V2? Could I purchase one of these along with the older and tighter GES nuts and it would work? I want a cube that is pretty slow and loose but with tight springs so it's still stable for my slightly rough turning style especially in competition.
No, those two wouldn't utilize the old GES nuts. The good options would be an X or an Air SM.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can just mod the springs yourself and make them tighter. If you arent wanting to do that, I would recommend looking for a cube that has similar turning and use that cube with a traditional spring swap. I don't know if you can actually do this but I would try using a Moyu or Qiyi core on a gan puzzle to use a traditional spring.