• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Battle of Appalachia 2012 - September 15, 2012 (WV)

nlCuber22

WCA
2010CRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Battle of Appalachia 2012 will take place on September 15, 2012 in Clarksburg, WVa.
Be there, or be not there.
Competition Website: http://www.cubingusa.com/appalachia2012/index.php
WCA: http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=Appalachia2012
Events:
2x2 (3 rounds)
3x3 (3 rounds)
3x3 OH (2 rounds)
3x3 BLD (1 round, best of 3, 10:00 hard cutoff per solve)
4x4 (2 rounds)
Pyra (1 round)
Magic (1 round)

We will hold 5x5 as a tentative event provided enough people want it. Lunch will be served West Virginia style (bring your own roadkill).
Last year's competition was a relatively small one, we'd like to see more people come out this year and have a good time!
PM me if you have any questions, and hope to see you there!

Lunch will be provided, if you really do bring a dead raccoon you will be promptly asked to exit the premises until you're finished with it. Just don't.

PRACTICE BYE

Last edited:

bluecloe45

WCA
2010COHE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmm, 3 rounds of 2x2 is so worth driving 4 hours. Maybe Ill make some time for this. :D

edit: Holy poop, my dad said we might do this, he will probably play golf the whole time!

Just in advance
Goals:

2x2- sub 3.69
3x3- sub 14
4x4- sub 1:20
5x5- sub 3:30
Magic(if i buy one): sub 1.10
OH: sub 35
BTW ethan, i prefer dead gofer to raccoon.

Another edit, Ethan: if you need help scrambling, I'll be happy to.

Last edited:

bluecloe45

WCA
2010COHE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Discussing Hotel options with my dad, Where are other people staying? I picked out a golf course for my dad to play so he doesn't have to stay there for 9 hours. I wonder what the mystery event it going to be. Maybe orangina chugging? Anyway, looking forward to it!

nlCuber22

WCA
2010CRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Bump for interest. I feel like not enough people are aware that this is actually happening. Check the first post for details. We'd like as many people to come out as possible, so if you're reading this, consider it. There's free food.