• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Badmephisto's algorithms iPhone app (free download!)

Feryll

Pretty cool looking! This will probably be really good for my friend who has just now finished the beginner's method! (And no, "my friend" does not mean me :p)

Googlrr

WCA
2010CARM01
I just bought it, because I figure it will be very useful to help explain things when I try to teach people how to solve. I like this very much, I wish I had something like this when I was learning full PLL.

It would be cool if it were possible to mark (or hide) already learned algorithms to make the list of 50-something OLLs more easily readable, but that's a minor issue.

Good work!

yeee707

WCA
2010YEEB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Quick Review:
I bought it on the iTouch (requires 3.1.3 firmware btw) and its a neat little app. No more carrying those printed algorithm sheets around, and save some trees in the process. I would be a bit cooler if you could mark what algorithms you've already learned though. All in all, a great start.

chris410

Nicely done, I bought it and it is nice to have reference. If you make a version 2 or update, an option to add algorithms would be nice for the cases. Maybe your algorithms would be default and offer an option to add our own?

The Puzzler

WCA
2010BROP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i agree with UnAbusador and I also think if the oll were sorted bye edges like all "l" edge algs, i twould make the algrothim for the case you have easier to find. I love the app have it on itouch and ipad it is awesome. Everyone should bye it for a buck!!

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like the idea of the app, but I think that for it to be worth a dollar, it should have a timer&scramble generator, and like others say, marking algorithms. The app in it's current state isnt really worth a dollar.

It's been just about priceless for me. I never ever learn OLLs at home, and I only knew like 12 when I got the app. From then on, whenever I was in a situation where I couldn't practice BLD, I just whipped it out and learned some OLLs. I recently finished learning all 57, and I have to say that I would probably still know 15 if I had never downloaded it. Maybe this is something specific to me, but THANKS BADMEPHISTO!

badmephisto

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yay, RE: this thread from 2010. I wanted to mention that the Badmephisto app is now free.

My original motivation for $1 value was to cover the costs of my Apple developer certificate which is a yearly fee of $100, and my website (which still sees thousands of views per day) host/domain costs. However, over the last 4 years I've ended up selling about 200 per month and made way more than enough to cover all of these costs basically forever, so there is no more need for this. I also remembered that I had some ads on some of my YouTube videos, so I went through all of them one by one and disabled all ads and revenue sharing.

Anyway, the amusing thing is that after changing the app to be free the amount of downloads per month has climbed up to 3000+, from 200. Which reminds me, very amusingly, of this: http://danariely.com/2011/12/25/the-oatmeal-this-is-how-i-feel-about-buying-apps/ :)

So I hope the app is useful to as many people as possible forever in its free form!
Or maybe there are now much better apps out there that are also free, so this is pointless. I haven't really kept track of the state of the app store on these apps. Anyway, cheers,
meph

timeless

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yay, RE: this thread from 2010. I wanted to mention that the Badmephisto app is now free.

My original motivation for $1 value was to cover the costs of my Apple developer certificate which is a yearly fee of $100, and my website (which still sees thousands of views per day) host/domain costs. However, over the last 4 years I've ended up selling about 200 per month and made way more than enough to cover all of these costs basically forever, so there is no more need for this. I also remembered that I had some ads on some of my YouTube videos, so I went through all of them one by one and disabled all ads and revenue sharing.

Anyway, the amusing thing is that after changing the app to be free the amount of downloads per month has climbed up to 3000+, from 200. Which reminds me, very amusingly, of this: http://danariely.com/2011/12/25/the-oatmeal-this-is-how-i-feel-about-buying-apps/ :)

So I hope the app is useful to as many people as possible forever in its free form!
Or maybe there are now much better apps out there that are also free, so this is pointless. I haven't really kept track of the state of the app store on these apps. Anyway, cheers,
meph

thats really generous, i appreciate it