• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Anyone have the bump cube from DX?

ISuckAtCubing

Anyone got that cube yet? If you did, can you tell me how is the quality? If you are waiting for one, can you tell me right after you get one?

I dunno if it's the same one, but I've got a white colored bump cube, and it's amazing. Cuts corners like no one's business, and is crazy smooth.

vrumanuk

WCA
2009RUMA01
I've had the DX bump cube for a good month now. It turns fairly well out of the box and responds very well to lubrication (I use jigaloo). After sanding mine down it turns amazingly well and is suprisingly smooth. It DOES NOT cut corners. An overall great puzzle.
Note: Shipping was slow for me (US)

pentrixter

Banned
@Unknown: can't get to DX either.

Unknown is 100% correct.

BUT I'll have you know that fake is better than real in almost every aspect. Better at cutting corners, better stickers, better price.

Bid for fake bump cube on Ebay. I got three for $12. They are holding up pretty well. Oh yea and, type in "mirror blocks" instead of bump cube. You'll get more results.

panyan

Anyone got that cube yet? If you did, can you tell me how is the quality? If you are waiting for one, can you tell me right after you get one?

OMFG, I GOT MINE DELIVERED YESTERDAY! what a coincidence!

if you want me to make a video, ask

dealextreme is down at the moment, but i managed to order anther three c4u cubes by repeated reloading the page

p.s. it is the white fake cheap one i got, not the expenive real one

cookingfat

WCA
2009HARP01
YouTube
Visit Channel

dealextreme is down at the moment, but i managed to order anther three c4u cubes by repeated reloading the page

Well? What's it like?

And sure, make a video.

I'm currently stickering my mirror blocks with shade shifting stickers from cubesmith. I got purple/cyan but they are really too dark and in most lights just look black.

blah

brah
I only know of 2 types of bump cubes/mirror blocks: the "official" Rubik's one, and the one from yjtoys. There might be more, I really don't know.

Anyway, if this is the yjtoys one then it's helluva good cube. I got a sub-40 average in 2 nights. And I believe such an average is (unofficially) about top 20-30 in the world :cool:

pentrixter

Banned
3x3x3 3x3x3 RUBIKS PUZZLE GOLD MIRROR CUBE BLOCKS WHITE
~~~~~~~~~~MIND BLOWING FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY~~~~~~~~

panyan

Well? What's it like?

turns very smoothly, can cut corners but not too much, and very difficult!

jacob15728

Does it REALLY annoy anyone else how they call everything "brain teaser magic IQ ____"? I'm not sure why but it really gets to me. I seriously want to like, punch the person who called them that.

panyan

Does it REALLY annoy anyone else how they call everything "brain teaser magic IQ ____"? I'm not sure why but it really gets to me. I seriously want to like, punch the person who called them that.

if they called everything rubiks then there may be some copyright infringement

jacob15728

if they called everything rubiks then there may be some copyright infringement

They could call it a twisty puzzle...

My point is, it's not magical, doesn't "tease" my brain, and it doesn't have anything to do with IQ.

Logan

Alot of Azure
WCA
2009KELL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I bought one on Ebay on Tuesday for $0.99 ($3.99 shipping). It's comming from Hong Kong so it will be awhile. I should get it between the 20th and the 28th.

EDIT: I'm in Minnesota, USA.