• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

An understanding of what you memorise when you reach the buffer

JemFish

When you reach your buffer just choose another piece that you haven't gotten to (or complete your memo if all other pieces have been memoed).

You should keep your finger on the new piece you've chose and keep memoing until you get back to the piece that your finger was on. If all other pieces have been memoed, then you're done (you gradually get better at knowing when all other pieces have been memoed, usually by instinct).

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
While memorizing, when you reach the buffer it can mean one of three things: 1. you are done with memo and all the pieces would be solved, 2. you have a flipped edge/corner or 3. you still have unsolved pieces and need to break into a new cycle. First you need to figure out which of these it is, which can take some practice at first. If your buffer is flipped then you either have a flipped piece or there are unsolved pieces and you need to break into a new cycle. Go through your memo really quick on the cube and make sure that all the pieces would become solved with your memo, checking for flipped pieces at the same time. To switch to a new cycle switch the buffer with any piece that still needs to be solved. Pick one that will be easy to memo, and then keep memoing until you reach your buffer again. PS, it is possible to have to break into two new cycles, so be aware of that as well.

Bldnoob

I memo 1 letter famous people. So for example

Say my memo is UF > TP and my buffer is P but I need to solve l then I would memo as Ufo > toilet paper > Linsdey lohan

So Linsdey lohan tells me that my buffer is in position L on my cube for her first letter

JemFish

I memo 1 letter famous people. So for example

Say my memo is UF > TP and my buffer is P but I need to solve l then I would memo as Ufo > toilet paper > Linsdey lohan

So Linsdey lohan tells me that my buffer is in position L on my cube for her first letter

I do something similar to this except I use them for flipped edges/corners. For example, if I need to flip H (on a corner) back to X I put H and Y together, to make HarrY. Because I know that there is no such sticker as Y on the cube, I know that the 'H' part is the flipped corner.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This might help:

It's almost a year old, so don't hold me accountable for anything I say in it.

Last edited by a moderator: