• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Amazing!

MinsTmann

WCA
2020JOHA02
So I just found the word to draw some attention.
I recently attended my first WCA competition and came in last. I've been cubing since the early 1980's. I do 3x3x3 mostly, and can solve 4x4x4 and 5x5x5. I have never yet timed the last two though. Unofficial 3x3x3 pb single is 22.22 sec., set july 22 2020 with ios CubetimerAndScrambler. Earlier than that my pb was 23 seconds I think. Set in 83/84 sometimes with an LL-skip as far as I remember. Scrambled and timed with stopwatch by a friend. I made up various algs back then. Never heard of f2l, oll, pll or pc-generated scrambles.
From 1984 and up to autumn 2019 I've only done occasionally solves now and then. But I started watching videos on YouTube of cubing last autumn and took up my old hobby again. Averaging around a minute at first, but quickly improving. See attachment.
This weekend I attended my first competition. https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/competitions/SandnesOpen2020
Although I came in last, every result I got was my official pb. I don't know if I should call it my "new" official pb, as I never had one recent to that, but there is a great probability that I will Improve as I render more competitions. Whitch I'm planning to do. pb single 3x3x3 - 28.10, avg. 44.25
That's my introduction. Amazing or not. :D
Best regards Morten

Attachments

• 2019-12-20 (1).png
    2019-12-20 (1).png
    63.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: