• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Algorithm Memorization

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
So, I just had a bizarre, random question: I find that I memorize algorithms and learn techniques best in the early morning (1 am-4 am), but I cube best in the middle of the day. Has anyone else experienced similar phenomena, and can anyone provide an explanation of why this may be?

lotsofsocks

i cube better at times in the after noon but i memorize olls 1 a day like at 9 am not 1-4 am..

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
Not much. I pretty much have dinner and then go cube from 10 pm-3ish am. Sometimes I listen to music, and sometimes I cube standing up, but other than that, no other factors.

Berry

I usually try and learn mine after breakfast so I have all day to practice then they are sunk in by the time I go to sleep.

Logan

Alot of Azure
WCA
2009KELL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, I just had a bizarre, random question: I find that I memorize algorithms and learn techniques best in the early morning (1 am-4 am), but I cube best in the middle of the day. Has anyone else experienced similar phenomena, and can anyone provide an explanation of why this may be?

Not much. I pretty much have dinner and then go cube from 10 pm-3ish am. Sometimes I listen to music, and sometimes I cube standing up, but other than that, no other factors.

When do you sleep?!? LOL

gpt_kibutz

In my case I really hate cubing after 6 pm. That is because sun light isn't enough for me and artificial light just creates wierd shadows on the cube which affect color recognition.

mcciff2112

WCA
2009MCCA01
In my case I really hate cubing after 6 pm. That is because sun light isn't enough for me and artificial light just creates wierd shadows on the cube which affect color recognition.

It's the same with me, but I cube anyway. I have a pretty nice fluorescent light above my desk so it makes it pretty good without ruining color recognition.

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01

Me too. I have trouble getting sub-20 without at least some natural light, which is why I just do algs at night.