• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

5x5 is the best wca event

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I won't try to change your mind, since I totally agree that 5x5 is the best wca event, mainly because the hardware is good, there's not much luck involved in the event, and it's also a good length to hold at competitions (misscrambles can be annoying though) But also this:
1. This should have gone in the event debate thread, you didn't need to create a new thread
2. It's best if you provide some actual evidence. Reminds me of when someone made thread called "Why is clock still a thing?" where they basically said "clock is bad" and provided no proof.

zslane

How do the even-dimensioned big cubes differ from each other aside from the time they take to solve? Same question applies to the odd-dimensioned cubes. Like, are the methodologies much different between 5x5, 7x7, 9x9, etc.?

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
How do the even-dimensioned big cubes differ from each other aside from the time they take to solve? Same question applies to the odd-dimensioned cubes. Like, are the methodologies much different between 5x5, 7x7, 9x9, etc.?
This should have gone in the big cube discussion not some random thread, but I will answer your question.
4x4 - Most people agree that Yau is the best method on 4x4, making it different than the other big cubes. This cube has OLL and PLL parity. It also has no fixed centers, so color scheme matters.
5x5 - Most people use Reduction on 5x5 but a fair amount of people including myself use Yau. There is one wing parity on 5x5, but no OLL or PLL parity. This cube has fixed centers.
6x6 - Nearly everyone uses Reduction on 6x6. There is one wing parity, as well as OLL and PLL parity. There are no fixed centers.
7x7 - Nearly everyone uses reduction on 7x7. There are two wing parities, but you can do them with one alg although it is quite difficult to fingertrick. There are fixed centers.
Anything above 7x7 isn't in the WCA. The 8x8+ cubes follow the pattern of fixed centers on odd layer cubes, and OLL and PLL parity on even cubes, while adding more and more wing parities to the mix.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Try to change my mind

Let's discuss that here