• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

$50 to spend on cubing stuff - Any ideas?

pcharles93

WCA
2008HUYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For Christmas, I received another $50 Visa card. I honestly have no idea what to spend the money on. Last time I received one of these cards, I spent $35 on my own stuff and bought a DIY for one of my friends with the rest. The card has a service fee that applies after the 3rd month so I'm trying to compile a list of stuff to buy. So far, I have 3 old type A's, and ES 4x4 along with 2 smashed Rubik's 4x4's (1 was even pretooled), 2 Rubik's 5x5's, a V6, Sq-1, ES 2x2, broken pyraminx, chinaminx, and a Magic. I don't have enough to buy a V5 sadly, only off by $3.48 :(. I do have some ideas on what to buy. Here's what I have so far:

-Type C DIY
-Type D DIY
-6x6 and 5x5 stickers

It's not much of a list but it totals to $32.75 including shipping. What should I spend the last $17.25 on?

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
If you can find a new supernova somewhere, go for it. Otherwise, your chinaminx is just fine, assuming it's broken in enough.

minsarker

you have 3 months right? I would say dont push it, just wait and see what you want

Get something you dont have in my opinion, and wait a bit, like what if your ES 4x4 somehow breaks in the next month lol

pcharles93

WCA
2008HUYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've decided not to buy anything from Cubesmith this time. That leaves me with an extra $10. Whichever DIY is better for me, I'll buy another. It's tough trying to decide on this kind of stuff...:confused:

YouTube
Visit Channel

Vulosity

YouTube
Visit Channel
Charles, you could get the new tiled megaminx's at C4Y and a new Pyraminx.

I was thinking of getting a V6 with my $100 (not a V7 because 1. It's expensive 2. I probably won't solve it much 3. Misalignments)