• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 4x4- 37.81 avg5

yoshinator

WCA
2011HUTN01
YouTube
Visit Channel

38.03, (37.16), 37.94, 37.47, (43.08)= 37.81
Woo! More progress before worlds!
What do you guys think of the new setup? Should I show the timer after every solve?

Tips? I'm really looking to get as fast as I possibly can before worlds, so help me out!

Last edited by a moderator:

googlebleh

WCA
2012WEEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
stevebro816 is right. The easiest place to improve that I can see is transition between stages, such as centers -> edge pairing

Really awesome average though. Hope it goes this well at worlds!

yoshinator

WCA
2011HUTN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
stevebro816 is right. The easiest place to improve that I can see is transition between stages, such as centers -> edge pairing

Really awesome average though. Hope it goes this well at worlds!

I think the pause between last cross edge and L8E is just because I skipped an edge or two several times in this average, which means that I take extra time in order to be more efficient. Thanks!

Fast! You should take advantage of your inspection, maybe even track down some of your cross edges.

Thanks! I've started using much more execution in my solves today, and I think my first two centers have been much faster. Planning into the cross would be crazy, I don't know if I'd be able to do that.

what brand 4x4 is that?
sorry I can't give you any tips, you are over 10 seconds faster than me.

It's a fully modded Shenshou

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Actually forget my comment about the turning, I think the cube seems to lock up quite a bit. I think your turning is definitely good enough for you to average under 35 seconds. Just work on looking ahead more I'd say :)