• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2x2 - QiYi Wuxia M - Worth getting?

Sandro Pastor

So I've recently seen the Qiyi Wuxia M 2x2 is available for purchase but I've seen a few reviews and they're not the best neither are they the worse. I've been wanting to upgrade my 2x2 (I have a Qiyi Qidi that locks quite a fair bit) for a while now and I was thinking about getting the Moyu LingPo.
My question is: is the Qiyi Wuxia M worth getting over the Moyu LingPo which is 7€ (maybe 7-9$) cheaper?
From what I've seen the LingPo is really good that's why I don't know which one to choose. I've read on this forum that the Wuxia pops so I'm more inclined to the LingPo.
Which one is worth getting and why?
Thanks in advance :D

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
So I've recently seen the Qiyi Wuxia M 2x2 is available for purchase but I've seen a few reviews and they're not the best neither are they the worse. I've been wanting to upgrade my 2x2 (I have a Qiyi Qidi that locks quite a fair bit) for a while now and I was thinking about getting the Moyu LingPo.
My question is: is the Qiyi Wuxia M worth getting over the Moyu LingPo which is 7€ (maybe 7-9$) cheaper?
From what I've seen the LingPo is really good that's why I don't know which one to choose. I've read on this forum that the Wuxia pops so I'm more inclined to the LingPo.
Which one is worth getting and why?
Thanks in advance :D
Don't get the Lingpo. Consider a newer cube like the Chuwen, Xinghen, or not M Wuxia.

Sandro Pastor

Don't get the Lingpo. Consider a newer cube like the Chuwen, Xinghen, or not M Wuxia.

Those are the best two options available in the shop I think. If you can advise me, which one should I buy from here then? https://www.maskecubos.com/pt/5-2-x-2-x-2#/page-2
The Dayan Zanchi is available but I don't know how to lube nor tension a cube since I'm new to cubing, so I was trying to avoid the Dayan because of that and get a good cube that wouldn't need those two actions. The shop sells lube but I don't think they sell tensioning tools

gavinz

WCA
2017MOON04
If you know how to magnetise a 2x2 then get the WuXia and 3x2 N35 magnets. Otherwise get the WuXia M.

Only the Wuxia M is available unfortunately. So that means it's a good competition level cube right?
The M and non-M are both available.
Oh but he said not the Wuxia. Is it good enough to get maybe sub-3?
You need to be able to tension it right so it doesn't pop. Champion sub 2 solvers use it. The only other options are the ChuWen or WeiPo if you want to be good.

Sandro Pastor

If you know how to magnetise a 2x2 then get the WuXia and 3x2 N35 magnets. Otherwise get the WuXia M.

The M and non-M are both available.

You need to be able to tension it right so it doesn't pop. Champion sub 2 solvers use it. The only other options are the ChuWen or WeiPo if you want to be good.

I don't know how to magnetize it. I already ordered the Wuxia M so there's no turning back now, but when I said the non-magnetic wasn't available I was talking about the shop I buy at, not worldwide. Sorry if that confused you. And I'll try to learn how to tension a cube and lube it properly whenever I get the tensioning tool and the lube. I haven't bought any of those yet.

gavinz

WCA
2017MOON04
I don't know how to magnetize it. I already ordered the Wuxia M so there's no turning back now, but when I said the non-magnetic wasn't available I was talking about the shop I buy at, not worldwide. Sorry if that confused you. And I'll try to learn how to tension a cube and lube it properly whenever I get the tensioning tool and the lube. I haven't bought any of those yet.
I recommend tightening the sides that hold the puzzle together. The locked pieces.

Sandro Pastor

It's QiYi, I don't think they have special tensioning tools for their cubes. Also if they did it wouldn't work because it would make your cube even and tight on all side. Just make it tight on the three locking sides.

I'll have to look up what those sides are and how to do it then. And I don't have any tensioning tool either if they're from Qiyi or not nor do I think they sell it