• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Official] 16.09 single - Konstantin Jaehne

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Official pb by more than 3 seconds, so I've been pretty proud until I reconstructed this bad solve. :D

scramble: F' B D' R' L' F D' B' L' U' R B L2 U2 D2 F2 L2 D2 R2

inspection: z2
cross: D L2 U F D' R'
F2L-1: R U' R' U y' R' U R
F2L-2: y2 R U' R' R' U R
F2L-3: d R' U R U' R' U' R
F2L-4: y' U2 U2 R U R' y U' L' U L
OLL-EO: f R U R' U' f'
OLL-CO: R U2 R2' U' R2 U' R2' U2 R
PLL: U2 y2 R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F'

Ok, maybe I could have done L U' L2 U L' for the second pair.
For the 4th pair there is probably something without rotating twice but I don't know what is most efficient here. At least I could've avoided the U2 U2.
I used 2-look OLL that took 15 moves while my standard OLL alg U R' U' R U' R' U2 R F R U R' U' F' would have been 14 moves (not a huge difference) and left me a Ja-perm (slower for me than T perm) so maybe here it was a good choice to use 2-look.

Anyway, after that solve someone told me there is a T perm for that specific angle that has the same number of moves than mine but solves the AUF simultaneously and starts with the same sequence of moves than my standard T alg. I can't find it, does anyone know? (of course other tips are also appreciated)

Last edited by a moderator:

asacuber

WCA
2015SANT44
YouTube
Visit Channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88W09Q7vdVM

Official pb by more than 3 seconds, so I've been pretty proud until I reconstructed this bad solve. :D

scramble: F' B D' R' L' F D' B' L' U' R B L2 U2 D2 F2 L2 D2 R2

inspection: z2
cross: D L2 U F D' R'
F2L-1: R U' R' U y' R' U R
F2L-2: y2 R U' R' R' U R
F2L-3: d R' U R U' R' U' R
F2L-4: y' U2 U2 R U R' y U' L' U L
OLL-EO: f R U R' U' f'
OLL-CO: R U2 R2' U' R2 U' R2' U2 R
PLL: U2 y2 R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F'

Ok, maybe I could have done L U' L2 U L' for the second pair.
For the 4th pair there is probably something without rotating twice but I don't know what is most efficient here. At least I could've avoided the U2 U2.
I used 2-look OLL that took 15 moves while my standard OLL alg U R' U' R U' R' U2 R F R U R' U' F' would have been 14 moves (not a huge difference) and left me a Ja-perm (slower for me than T perm) so maybe here it was a good choice to use 2-look.

Anyway, after that solve someone told me there is a T perm for that specific angle that has the same number of moves than mine but solves the AUF simultaneously and starts with the same sequence of moves than my standard T alg. I can't find it, does anyone know? (of course other tips are also appreciated)

Just do PLL and then U2, y2 U2 was unnecessary.