• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 1:58.91 6x6 Yau6 Pedro Roque

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hahah I think 800 of your 1281 posts are just the letters "GJ" =PPPP

Seemed like a lot of pauses in parts. If this solve is sub-2 I wonder how much faster you could get with out them.
Also any one else have a sub-2 with YAU5 or 6 or whatever it is called?
Everyone deserves a compliment every now and then [emoji14]

What's the different between Yau and Yau5?

TraciAG

WCA
2015GAGU01

I thought the only difference between the methods and the methods[insert number] were the number of layers used. (Ex. Yau for 4x4, Yau5 for 5x5, Hoya for 4x4, Hoya6 for 6x6, etc)

Correct me if I'm wrong thought I just assumed

scottishcuber

WCA
2013MAHM02
YouTube
Visit Channel

I thought the only difference between the methods and the methods[insert number] were the number of layers used. (Ex. Yau for 4x4, Yau5 for 5x5, Hoya for 4x4, Hoya6 for 6x6, etc)

Correct me if I'm wrong thought I just assumed

how is there still confusion?

...it's been years surely.

ryanj92

WCA
2012JONE03
YouTube
Visit Channel

the L8E approach is different, in yau5 you solve 4 edges including 2 F2L edges, then solve a double x-cross, and then solve the L4E.

Also any one else have a sub-2 with YAU5 or 6 or whatever it is called?
I think Justin Thomas (ubercuber) does?

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I guess it's worth noting that there is actually a difference between yau5 and yau6. What Pedro is doing after cross+centers is pairing all of the middle most edge pieces like 4x4 edges with 3-2-3, and then doing yau5 as if it was 5x5.

Tempted to switch from yau5 to yau6 on 6x6 because it seems pretty nice once you get the hang of it. Anyone who's good at yau5 style solving, feel free to do some sort of a move count test with the 2 because I'd be very interested in the result :3

ryanj92

WCA
2012JONE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I guess it's worth noting that there is actually a difference between yau5 and yau6. What Pedro is doing after cross+centers is pairing all of the middle most edge pieces like 4x4 edges with 3-2-3, and then doing yau5 as if it was 5x5.

Tempted to switch from yau5 to yau6 on 6x6 because it seems pretty nice once you get the hang of it. Anyone who's good at yau5 style solving, feel free to do some sort of a move count test with the 2 because I'd be very interested in the result :3

Oh, nicely spotted, I missed this! That actually makes a lot of sense, haha... I might try it also :)

pedrinroque

WCA
2012ROQU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ottozing, u r rigth, the diference is exactly at edge paring, idk if its the best way but this is the best to me, thanks all other guys, Justin Thomas is sub 2, but he have a diferent method for Last 4 centers

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
I use Hoya method but I might try your approach for edges, seems interesting.

This.

I'll certainly try it. Rob Yau explained the difference between Yau 5 and Yau 6 to me on a long car journey and after a weekend competing I completely forgot to try what he said. iirc this is what he does.

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yep I can confirm that what Pedro described is what I call yau6. What's interesting is that I've barely told anyone about the method so I was almost convinced that somehow, someone leaked the method to Pedro.

It turns out that he came up it independently from me and I came up with it in July or August 2014. We both happened to have the same idea and called it the same name :D

Last edited: