• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] SuperNova Weipo M 2x2 or any Weipo M 2x2

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
So since I did not see a thread for this cube (other then the one that is not active and only for the original Weipo) and not about the magnetic version, especially the SuperNova or Cubical labs version so if anyone has this cube or just got this cube and would like to review it then here is a place for you to do so.

With that all being said, I just received the SCS SuperNova Weipo M today and it is really nice and well set up.

Out of the box it was perfectly tensioned and well lubed and for me the speed was great. The only minor issue (if you even all it a issue) was I had some bad spring noise on the orange and red side and it make the cube a bit harder to turn on those sides, especially if you turn it slow. But that was easily fixed with a little SCS Galaxy lube, and after that everything felt much better.

It is a millimeter bigger then the Qiyi Wuxia M, but you do not really notice the difference when solving. It has a smooth, and buttery turning style and compared to the Wuxia M it is much quieter.

The magnets in it are definitely noticeable, and a bit stronger then I was expecting based on what I have heard from other reviews, but I like the stronger feeling in cubes and therefore I like this cube for that reason. When you turn slow the bumpy feel is more noticeable then when you turn fast, but you can still feel the magnets when you turn fast.

All in all, I would highly recommend this cube to anyone that is looking for a new 2x2 or a upgraded 2x2, it is definitely worth the money and wait. SCS did a great job and I am really looking forward to using it next week at Nationals.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Did you try the non magnetic one
Well, this is a little late on the response, but to answer your question; Yes I have tried both M and Non-M version of the Weipo, and I prefer and like the M version much better. It helps stabilize everything and prevent overshooting, which I was having trouble with on the Non-M Weipo. Both are great cubes, but I like the M version much better.

KujaCube

What!? The magnets in my Supernova Weipo are soooooo weak! It was tensioned not really good and I did not notice any lube.
It got better after setup, but can there be differences that are as huge as those?