Rubik's Cube Group
As every group can be represented as a subgroup of a permutation group, the Rubik's Cube group can be represented as a subgroup of the permutations of its stickers.
The diameter of the Rubik's Cube group is known as God's Number for 3x3x3.
- Macky explaining some things (Yahoo! Speed Solving Rubik's Cube Group)
- Wikipedia entry on the Rubik's Cube Group
- Martin Schönert Analyzing Rubik's Cube with GAP
- Dave Rusin's remark on finding a presentation of Rubik's cube (Cube Lovers, 17 Dec 95)
- Presentation of Rubik's Cube group (Mathematics Stack Exchange)