M2 and R2 are blindsolving methods developed by Stefan Pochmann. M2 is for solving edges and R2 is for solving corners. The methods solve one piece at a time, using conjugates composed of M2 or R2 to swap the contents of a 'buffer' location with a target location. M2 is a popular upgrade from Old Pochmann edges as the swapping algorithm is shorter. NOTE: r2 and R2 are slightly different. r2 (with lowercase r) is for 4x4 cubes. See external links.
Additional M2 Algs
Shoot to FU:
- D M' U R2 U' M U R2 U' D' M2
- y' U' M U' R2 U M' U' R2 U2 y (no M2)
- x F E R U R' E' R U' R' F' x' (no M2)
Shoot to BU
- U B' R U' B M2 B' U R' B U'
- B' U R' B U' M2 U B' R U' B
- F' D R' F D' M2 D F' R D' F
- U R' U' l U' R U M2 U' R' U l' U R U'
- (U' M')*3 (U' M) (U' M')*4
Shoot to BD:
- M2' D U R2 U' M' U R2 U' M D'
- M2 B' U' R' U M' U' R U M B
- D2 F2 U M' U' F2 D2 U' M' U
- M2' D R' U R' U' M' U R U' M R D'
- U2 F2 U M' U' F2 U M U (no M2)
- Tutorial on stefan-pochmann.de
- Erik's r2 Tutorial (for 4x4x4 cubes)
- M2 Tutorial on cubefreak.net
- R2+ an improvement on R2 by Endrey Marcell, based on using 3-cycles to solve pieces in the R-layer.
- Youtube: M2 / Old Pochmann Blindfold Tutorial
- Speedsolving.com: M2/R2 Tutorial (VIDEO)
- Speedsolving.com: Improvements for M2/R2
- Speedsolving.com: M2 Algorithms