• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What does it take?

doubleyou

Hey,

I was thinking, is there some sort of goal to aim for at each "level"?
like Cross-, F2L-, Oll-, PLL times that are optimal for each 5 second breakpoint :p

or more simple, are there any limits in special cases?
Like is 4 seconds cross too slow, or acceptable when avg sub30.
or F2L in 15 seconds?

And what to aim for when improving?

I think I have seen something about this, but cant remember where.

please help! :)

Richard

Obviously all of your times (for each step) could be improved. As far as goals or whatever it just depends what times you are aiming for, sub 30? 20? 15? 12? For a pretty good cuber i would shoot for a 12 sec f2l and a 4 sec LL, so there you go :p

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can't even do 4 seconds LL XD I think that you would reach 10 seconds F2L, or sub 10, faster than 4 second LL...just a thought.

10 seconds F2L could be like this:

Cross: 2 seconds
4 F2L: 4 * 2 seconds

7 move F2L in 2 seconds = 3.5 turns per second.

Again, it doesn't necessarily take 7 moves for all F2L, so you might not have to turn 3.5 turns per second the whole F2L. Sometimes you got faster (especially on the last pair), sometimes you go slower.

-Harris