• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Returning Solver

HumbleZ

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,

My name is Kyle. I am 27 years old and I live currently in NYC. I am a returning solver. I used to solve alot between 2011 and 2014. After those years, I picked up the cubes randomly. My PB was 16.16 after solving for about 4 and half months. Never competed since I never had a supported group to help me get to competitions. Family didn't see speedcubing as a future so it was a waste of their times to do anything for me about it.

IRL. I am a User Experience and User Interface Designer and Developer. Currently working on my Masters for it. I am also a former Marine. Medically retired. Disabled.

I used to solve on a Cubicle Silk Custom Modded Zhanchi but now I need a new cube. If anyone is familiar with the cube I used to solve with, I am taking suggestions of a best new cube. There is no price limit and I am willing to try a few cubes. Based on memory, the Silk Zhanchi sacrificed alittle speed for more stability and was quiet compared to the original 2012 Zhanchi. So I am looking for something that is new that has a similar style.

I also plan to record my progress. So ill need help with a video setup. Similar to how youtubers do.

Last edited:

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Welcome back! Thank you so much for your service! The Valk lineup is known for having a very stable feel. The original Valk ($25) is still a lot of people’s mains, even so long after it’s release. If you want more customization, you could try the Valk Elite ($45). Both of these cubes can also be made pretty quiet by adding lube.

Last edited:

HumbleZ

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi Guys. Thanks for everything.

I ordered two new cubes and am having them custom made by the Cubicle.

I ordered a Gan 11 and ZhanChi Pro M. Both will have a custom color scheme where the Yellow is replaced by Black and the Orange is replaced by Yellow.

The ZhanChi will also be customized to have black internals similar to the Stickerless Black internal Gan 11. Both will be Black Internal Stickerless.

I Will also be reviewing the cubes live/recorded and will be recording my road to sub 20/15 as I relearn the methods.

Based on the reviews of them both. The ZhanChi will probably be my OH cube, and the Gan 11 will probably be my regular cube.