• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Photos: RESIZE, please

DarthCuber

I'm sorry if it has been mentioned before, but there's one usefull thingy called IrfanView.
It's free to download, and it's awesome, since you can resize a whole bunch of pictures at once, at desired size.

Pros:
- you can resize a bunch of pictures at once
- it's FREE
- it will take you less time to upload pictures
- it's unbelieveably simple to work with

Cons:
I couldn't find any...

If anyone here wants to know how it works, I'll be glad to explain it.

Option No.2

Upload your pictures on Flickr. It's site hosted by Yahoo, and I'm pretty sure it's among the top 30
most visited websites. You can uplaod videos and pictures. Registration is free.

Now, why is it so much better than Imageshack, TinyPic, and other lame sites for uploading pictures?
It's very simple:
You can upload picture/video at any size, and Flickr will offer you different sizes of picture to post on forum.
(thumbnail, 640x480, 800x600 and some other sizes)

Once again, I'll be glad to explain how the whole thing works, if anyone is interested.

EDIT:
@irontwig: I beg to differ. Higher resoultion is very usefull when you're editing pictures in photo-editing
software. Since photo-editing software could be used to make the picture sharper, it's definately a good thing.

Last edited:

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Now, why is it so much better than Imageshack, TinyPic, and other lame sites for uploading pictures?
It's very simple:
You can upload picture/video at any size, and Flickr will offer you different sizes of picture to post on forum.
(thumbnail, 640x480, 800x600 and some other sizes)

I almost never want to post different sizes. TinyPic etc are perfectly fine for most cases.

@irontwig: I beg to differ.

Yes, in the sense that you're talking about something different. He probably wasn't talking about editing but about what's posted here, and he's absolutely right about that.

Last edited:

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
hip-hop-anime-trance-energy-large-361243.jpg

Big images are automagically resized now.

Possible reason to unsticky, but loading times are still affected. Is this still an issue these days?

Last edited: